Re: Carb balancing.

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 32 , Mar 16, 2013
      Hi Greg.
      Yes, it is the 92 900. I must admit that I didn't strip the carbs apart from removing the float bowls to check the float heights. Where is the small o ring positioned, that you mentioned? Is that something I can check with the carbs in situ or do they have to come out again?

      Steve.

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gandrews@...> wrote:

      > Hi Steve, It is a simple passageway from the vacuum pickup, down thru the vacuum cap, past the o-ring under the cap, thru the brass tubing and into the hole in front of the butterfly valve. Is the small o-ring in place? Also this is on your Mikuni carbed '92 900 isn't it?
      > Greg Andrews
      >
      > "Steve" wrote:
      > I couldn't get cylinder 3 to register. I alternated the carbtune pipes, so know that the guage is working... I have blown down each pipe on the carbs and there appears not to be any restrictions. Any ideas?

    • ian.peart
      Message 32 of 32 , May 10, 2013
        Hi

        Some good help here. I have a problem, though.

        When sync'ing I cannot get vacuum anywhere near 152mmHg. The best I can get is around 300mmHg! That is to much vacuum - clogged air filter perhaps? Also she's stood over the winter and now pops on idle and over-run which would suggest it's lean which contradicts a clogged filter. Did a 300 mile run last weekend and got 47mpg - suggesting she's running very lean.

        Any ideas?

        Ian