Re: Kung Fu grip? Or my bad?

  • gordon2xbbb
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 11, 2013
      Hi John,

      Glad you managed to get it done ....I use the OE Triumph Oil Filters and the correct size of O rings are supplied with each filter...

      What I do do though is take the 'usually twisted' large O ring out of the box and flatten it gently using just the heat from my fingers and then place it between the pages of my Workshop Manual for a day or two.

      Tiniest swipe of engine Oil in the Cover Channel is enough to keep it in place and smearing the O ring with new engine oil also prevents it from snagging up when the cover bolt is re-tightened - Important that the cover bolt is 'free to turn' within the cover...hold the cover still and tighten the bolt (18 Nm) is best.

      Cheers
      Gordon
      2xBBB
      Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, John <lmindlists@...> wrote:

      > I think before the next oil change, I'll get to a hardware store to find some rubber o-rings of the right size.
      >
      > John H
    • a2
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 11, 2013
        yep and dont push against the fins as they will then apply an equal and opposite (tightening) force
        A2