Re: Oil filter clarification

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 4, 2013
      Hi Tau,
      First off, are you a Led Zeppelin fan? Good Stuff.
      Back to the oil question. Finding the right size big o-ring for the filter and the right size for the oil filter bolt is hard to find. I've been using the same ones for 5 years. I let the filter cover spin with the bolt so that o-ring doesn't see much action. The big o-ring just feels a little bit of spin before it get loose. So there is not much wear on that one either. No leaks yet after 6 or more oil changes. Mobil One 10w40 full synthetic.
      Greg Andrews
      '96 900 BRG
      93,000 smiles

      "tau_zeppelin" wrote:
      Hey all. About to do an oil change and wanted to know if any of the oil filters mentioned in the files section actually has the right size rubber o-ring gasket or what you all might have done for acquiring a new one before I take the plunge.