Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: CRASH! Dangit...body panels needed.

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2013
      Hi Jack,
        I'm very glad to know that you were not hurt badly. I also have  no doubt that any one of us has gotten away with that small mistake a thousand times, and got away with it. My old '95 BRG/ BBBB, has a few stickers hiding scratches on both sides. I have no illusions about my riding ability, so I won't bother fixing cosmetic scratches, I just put another "Band-Aid" on her. I'm not one of the well heeled that will off to the paint shop at the slightest provocation. In fact, you can read my accessories list on the lower side fairing on both sides. When I first saw those "sliders", on a young guy's bike, I thought my prayers had been answered. I was ready to plunk down my Mastercard. Then I started looking for places to bolt them on. Due to the style frame we have (Monocock frame), there are no frame rails to mount to. I don't imagine it would be a good idea to bolt them to our engines? I guess that there are so few numbers in all the Trophies, that it really won't pay to come up with such things. To make matters even worse, I have a '95 model, and they are as rare as hen's teeth on this side of the pond. Has anybody come up with a nice crash-bar or slider(s) set up for our bikes? I'm at a loss as to where or how to do this one?
      On Feb 27, 2013, at 1:15 AM, JackM wrote:

      That was very thoughtful Bob, sorry I did not specify earlier. But....if they are Pacific Blue.... I might be interested anyway so you won't be left holding them. Let me know.

      Thank you.

      Jack
      Placerville, CA
      (Hangtown USA)