98 Trophy For Sale - Houston, Tx - lots of extras

  • EmptySporran
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 21, 2013
      The Trophy is officially for sale, and will sell.

      Rather than post all the pics and details here, here's a link to the eBay auction - ends Saturday.

      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-Triumph-Trophy-1200-Pacific-Blue-/170991298260?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item27cfe026d4

      Thanks.

      Neil
    • gordon2xbbb
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 21, 2013
        Hi Neil,

        Well I wanted to check your bike out although being here in the UK I won't be bidding, but what a nice looking bike you have to sell..

        Two questions to ask, first, the front fork brace. Did you fit it? Does it make a difference? Only asked because it's not mentioned in your description...second, the tinkle bell on the rear rack. A good luck charm or to help people hear you coming? Surely not needed for that with those holes in the mufflers (silencers)..

        Agree with your reason for downsizing and your choice of solo bike..

        Good luck with the auction

        Cheers
        Gordon
        2xBBB
        Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK

        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "EmptySporran" <nchristie@...> wrote:

        > The Trophy is officially for sale, and will sell.
        >
        > Rather than post all the pics and details here, here's a link to the eBay auction - ends Saturday.
        >
        > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-Triumph-Trophy-1200-Pacific-Blue-/170991298260?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item27cfe026d4
        >

        > Thanks.
        >
        > Neil

      • EmptySporran
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 21, 2013
          Gordon

          Thanks for the kind words. I do like it, but it is not the best match for the riding I really do (daily commute, and a recreational 2-3 hours on a weekend day if I am lucky).

          Fork Brace - gee, I DID leave it out of the description, didn't I? Well, I was loking for one, with no luck. BUT - I notices that many ZX-11 like parts also applied to the trophy chassis. So I contacted someone who makes ZX braces on eBay - he neasured the holes, I measured the forks - and it was VERY close. He special-machined one of his ZX braces (so they would clamp a little tighter) and viola - there it is. I do feel it makes a difference.

          The bell is to capture evil spirits.

          Regarding the mufflers, the bike remains very, very quiet even with the minor muffler mods (4 holes added).

          Thanks again.

          Neil

          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "gordon2xbbb" <gordon.smith29@...> wrote:

          > Hi Neil,
          >
          > Well I wanted to check your bike out although being here in the UK I won't be bidding, but what a nice looking bike you have to sell..
          >
          > Two questions to ask, first, the front fork brace. Did you fit it? Does it make a difference? Only asked because it's not mentioned in your description...second, the tinkle bell on the rear rack. A good luck charm or to help people hear you coming? Surely not needed for that with those holes in the mufflers (silencers)..
          >
          > Agree with your reason for downsizing and your choice of solo bike..
          >
          > Good luck with the auction
          >
          > Cheers
          > Gordon
          > 2xBBB
          > Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK
          >
          > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "EmptySporran" <nchristie@> wrote:
          > >
          > > The Trophy is officially for sale, and will sell.
          > >
          > > Rather than post all the pics and details here, here's a link to the eBay auction - ends Saturday.
          > >
          > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-Triumph-Trophy-1200-Pacific-Blue-/170991298260?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item27cfe026d4
          > >

          > > Thanks.
          > >
          > > Neil

        • Chris King
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 21, 2013
            I think your bike looks great. If you dont mind me asking what knd of turn signals are you using. I have an 01 that I will be selling. I do have all stock tun signals but I like the way those looked.

            ymailto="mailto:TriumphTrophy%40yahoogroups.com">mailto:TriumphTrophy%40yahoogroups.com, "EmptySporran" wrote:

            > > The Trophy is officially for sale, and will sell.
            > >
            > > Rather than post all the pics and details here, here's a link to the eBay auction - ends Saturday.
            > >
            > > http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-Triumph-Trophy-1200-Pacific-Blue-/170991298260?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item27cfe026d4
            > >

            > > Thanks.
            > >
            > > Neil

          • EmptySporran
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 21, 2013
              Thanks as well to you.

              These are standars, flush-mount, trailer lights - 12v incandescent bulbs. I do think they look better than OEM - but there are two things about them I am not crazy about. First, they protrude into the bike (inside the fairing) over an inch, and are touching the taillight (lightly) - in front, they touch nothing. Also, to mount them I cut (hole saw) a 1" (?) hole through the fairing at each mounting point. Were I doing it again, I would use these or similar in the front (the shape fits well on the fairing flats for the OEM signals), but maybe use an LED set. In the rear, I would use an adhesive-backed LED set - but that would need to also be large enough to cover teh screw holed used on the OEM pedestals.

              Thanks again.

              Neil