Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: Penetrating oil options

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 26, 2012
    Here ya go Glenn. Not sure what kind of email client you are using but usually up at the top of each document you are preparing to send there is a place to click called 'Attach". Simply click on that then find the attachment on your computer and on my computer it says; "Open". Hope this helps. [I also hope it works! (;-) ]
    Ed J. 2001Triumph Trophy BBBB
    On 12/26/2012 5:35 AM, slovcan wrote:
    Oh well, I guess that option has been turned off again or I'm too thick to figure it out. So, here is a link to the Photobucket file while the one I added to my album (slovcan) awaits approval. I have to say, this is a pretty clumsy process unless I'm missing something.

    http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67/GseaQ/Bikes/PenetratingOils_zpsca431a2e.jpg

    Cheers,
    Glenn

    --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "slovcan" <slovcan@...> wrote:

    Hi folks,

    First, Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy New Year to everyone.

    This picture was shared on my other main bike site and I wanted to share it here. It is a picture, but the info on it is about the effectiveness of various penetrating oils and one homemade recipe. That recipe is a 50/50 mix of ATF and acetone. The ATF seems to be the active ingredient with the acetone helping it to actually penetrate without the 2 actually mixing (which they apparently will not do) - this from a few folks who have tried this. Another thought they had was the risk of putting the recipe into a plastic spray bottle as the acetone could/would degrade the plastic of the spray bottle. Maybe a brush would be the better applicator for places that can be accessed.

    I don't see any way to insert the picture of this info into this post, so I'll try the attachment link. Actually, maybe I'll post this and reply to it while trying to attach the file.

    Cheers,
    Glenn

    ------------------------------------

    List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed, except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a minimum when replying.

    Subscribe:  TriumphTrophy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

    <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

    <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

    <*> To change settings via email:
        TriumphTrophy-digest@yahoogroups.com
        TriumphTrophy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    Message 2 of 6 , Dec 26, 2012
      BTW: Thanks for sharing this!
      On 12/26/2012 7:29 AM, Ed Johnson wrote:
      Here ya go Glenn. Not sure what kind of email client you are using but usually up at the top of each document you are preparing to send there is a place to click called 'Attach". Simply click on that then find the attachment on your computer and on my computer it says; "Open". Hope this helps. [I also hope it works! (;-) ]

    • a2 - inoperative emessages
      Message 3 of 6 , Dec 26, 2012
        well done Ed but I cant see how to do it from a browser either- I guess I would have to turn on emails too.

        A2

        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Ed Johnson <edljohnson2@...> wrote:

        > Here ya go Glenn. Not sure what kind of email client you are using but
        > usually up at the top of each document you are preparing to send there
        > is a place to click called 'Attach". Simply click on that then find the
        > attachment on your computer and on my computer it says; "Open". Hope
        > this helps. [I also hope it works! (;-) ]
        > *Ed J. *2001Triumph Trophy BBBB**
        > On 12/26/2012 5:35 AM, slovcan wrote:
        > > Oh well, I guess that option has been turned off again or I'm too thick to figure it out. So, here is a link to the Photobucket file while the one I added to my album (slovcan) awaits approval. I have to say, this is a pretty clumsy process unless I'm missing something.
        > >
        > > http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh67/GseaQ/Bikes/PenetratingOils_zpsca431a2e.jpg
        > >
        > > Cheers,
        > > Glenn
        > >
        > > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "slovcan" <slovcan@> wrote:
        > >> Hi folks,
        > >>
        > >> First, Merry Christmas and Happy, Healthy New Year to everyone.
        > >>
        > >> This picture was shared on my other main bike site and I wanted to share it here. It is a picture, but the info on it is about the effectiveness of various penetrating oils and one homemade recipe. That recipe is a 50/50 mix of ATF and acetone. The ATF seems to be the active ingredient with the acetone helping it to actually penetrate without the 2 actually mixing (which they apparently will not do) - this from a few folks who have tried this. Another thought they had was the risk of putting the recipe into a plastic spray bottle as the acetone could/would degrade the plastic of the spray bottle. Maybe a brush would be the better applicator for places that can be accessed.
        > >>
        > >> I don't see any way to insert the picture of this info into this post, so I'll try the attachment link. Actually, maybe I'll post this and reply to it while trying to attach the file.
        > >>
        > >> Cheers,
        > >> Glenn
        > >>

        > > ------------------------------------
        > >
        > > List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed, except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a minimum when replying.
        > >

        > > Post message: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
        > > Subscribe: TriumphTrophy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
        > >
        > > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • slovcan
        Message 4 of 6 , Dec 26, 2012
          Hi Ed,

          Thanks. I had not even thought of that because I always read/write through the yahoo Group page. I don't get the emails and wouldn't know how to send an email to the group.

          Cheers,
          Glenn