Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: Stain Tune Muffler

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 10 2:27 AM
      Ed J Says: See answers below;
      Ed J. 2001Triumph Trophy BBBB
      On 12/9/2012 9:15 PM, Greg wrote:
      Hi Ed,
      You're asking for a right side muffler, so did you get that left side muffler I wrote you about on ebay? Be patient, one will come along. Hey, use the left one you have.
      Ed J Says:Should be here today! Thought I'd start my search early! :-)
      Grumpy had to take the seat fairings off if he was messing with the fuel lines. As for taking the gas tank off easily, just don't use all (4) of the mounting screws. Two would probably be enough. My brother only uses one. I don't like the hassle of getting the tank mounting screws out and back in with the seat fairing still on.
      Did Grumpy tell you where he set the air screws? Probably not, he's old school. Did he use a gas analyser?  Probably not, he's old school.
      Ed J Says: They have one but I don't know if he used it or not. I know they use it with the dyno. Last time he did it they were 3 1/2 turns out. I counted them when I took the old carbs off.
      BTW: I have an extra set of carbs for sale if anyone needs a set for a BBBB.
      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Ed Johnson <edljohnson2@...> wrote:
      Anybody have a lead where I can find a Right Side Staintune Muffler for
      a 2001 Triumph Trophy?
      Also has anyone seen as way to remove the tank on a 2001 Trophy without
      removing the seat fairings? I had my bike carbs worked on the other day
      and I could only see the back of the bike as "Grumpy" [as they call him]
      won't allow anyone to watch him work. From what I could see the paniers
      and rear fairing were intact the whole time and I know he worked on the
      carbs because he gave me a bad time about how I had the fuel lines
      routed. ? Interesting! Has anyone tried this before? I've got it down to
      a pretty fast procedure using a cordless drill motor and sockets etc. so
      it's not a BIG thing but it would be nicer if I didn't have to do all of
      *Ed J. *2001Triumph Trophy BBBB**
      List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed, except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a minimum when replying.
      Subscribe:  TriumphTrophy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      <*> Your email settings: