Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: Bottom Fairing/Radiator

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 1, 2012
      If there is on yours there should be one on mine but I've no clue where it is or what to look for.
      Ed J. 2001Triumph Trophy BBBB
      On 11/30/2012 10:05 PM, apsllp@... wrote:
      Ed:

      Is there an air Bleed Screw on yours?

      Bob

      ------------------------------------

      List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed, except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a minimum when replying.

      Subscribe:  TriumphTrophy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          TriumphTrophy-digest@yahoogroups.com
          TriumphTrophy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Do you have a slow PC? Try Free scan http://www.spamfighter.com/SLOW-PCfighter?cid=sigen

    • Greg
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 1, 2012
        Hi Ed,
        Glad to read the BRG beast is running better than ever. The radiator overflow hose works like an air bleed and then only coolant would be drawn back into the radiator as it cools down. It might take a few warm up cycles for all the air to bleed out.
        Oh, by the way, My green bike's fan will also kick on just when I shut it off and go to open the garage door. It doesn't run long maybe a minute or two.
        Greg
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 2, 2012
          Thanks Greg;
              Finally got it sorted out both on the bike and in my mind! (;-) [ Not sure which needs the most work but their both high mileage! (;-)]
          I found that Bob Clark's method doesn't work as it will spew all the coolant all over the shop if you leave the cap open at operating temperature. I'm getting really good at pulling that side panel now so didn't modify anything and just went with the Haynes instructions and the last inspection found the radiator full to the drain hose. The fan does come on after I shut it off after pulling it into the garage but it doesn't run long and it's a different fan switch than I had before so not sure of it's tendencies but all seems well in that department.
               I'm not sure if I ever answered somebody's question but I did install a new radiator cap with the new radiator and thanks Andrew. A perfect fit,great condition and such a deal!
              I did go with the larger jets [117.5] over the 115.0's but haven't done a WOT test yet as the freeway is about 15 miles away and the closest arterial is a 45 mph speed trap with a MC Cop that likes to hide and ride! (;-) I have done the 4000 rpm whack on in 4th gear however and all she wants to do is try to lift the front wheel. Everything above 1100 rpms I can whack open the throttle and she just goes. I did find a place in Titusville that I can do a dyno run for $40. I'm not sure what my own shop charges for the same thing but my own shop has the full tilt gas analyzers, jet kits, and everything to do the full number on it if I want to spend that much money. The problem with that is that if I spent that much money doing it I would be afraid to "tweak" anything for fear of not getting it back to perfect again and you know how I like to "fiddle"!
              The only thing I haven't done yet because of playing with the cooling system is adjust the fuel/air jets. Even with the Motion Pro tool it's not that easy to feel the slots on the screws and tell if you are turning the screws or just turning the tool. I did take the detente ball out which makes it easier but haven't take the time to really do anything but carb #4 and I did that one with just a small socket with the screw driver blade in it using my fingers. BTW: I started with the screws 2 turns from seated so that 's where the rest of the carbs are and I have a little stutter coming off of idle with a full throttle. As I told you before, the Honda I raced for my sponsor didn't even come on cam until 5000 rpms so the bike is perfectly ride-able as it is. However you KNOW I wont leave it like that! A little tutorial on how to adjust them would be helpful.
              If the rain holds off I may be able to ride her to my Sunday morning prayer meeting for the first time in 6 weeks! (;-)

          Ed Johnson  wrote:
          If there is on yours there should be one on mine but I've no clue where  it is or what to look for.
          Ed

          List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed, except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a minimum when replying.