Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: Improved performance and mileage on Trident Triple

    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2012
      I had the carbs synched and tuned on my '01 1200 twice. I had a
      stutter at low speeds which caused me to drop the bike twice and the
      reason I took it in to have a professional do it. I watched him do it
      and he first synched the carbs and then adjusted the fuel/air one carb
      at a time. When I test road the bike the stutter was not as bad but it
      was still there. He told me that was as good as it was going to get
      because of over 90,000 miles on the bike. I took it to another shop and
      the owner has a Triumph mechanic that claims to have worked on every
      model Triumph ever imported. When I got the bike back there was no
      stutter anywhere. It's as smooth as glass when the fuel is clean. I did
      have a problem when I got some bad fuel but a few tanks of Seafoam
      cleared it up and it runs as good as new again. I didn't get to watch
      this guy because the owner said; He's a fussy old geezer and he doesn't
      like to have people watch him work. [This "Old Geezer" turned out to be
      younger than me! (;-)] However the owner said that he synch's the carbs
      first then adjusts the air/fuel and then adjusts the synch again. He
      leaves the synch tool on while he is adjusting the fuel/air so that if
      anything changes he can compensate for it. Makes sense to me and the
      bike sure runs good once it starts.
      Ed J.