RE: [Triumph Trophy] Re: Tire Mileage

  • Bud Izen
    Message 1 of 26 , Sep 2, 2001
      I just got a '99 900 Trophy, and plan to change to some style Avon when the
      originals wear out. Over the years, I have found that Avons consistently
      give good mileage along with the best wet condition stickiness I have
      experienced. I was surprised to find that Triumph no longer recommends
      Avons - they used to be standard equipment on pre-Hinckley Bonnevilles.
      Anyone else run Avons on their Trophys?

      Bud

      Message 2 of 26 , Sep 2, 2001
        I have not tried the Avons but plan to make the 35/36 Azaro II my
        next set of tires. I have no problem with the Dunlops and they have
        never let me down. I like the Avons because of the look, maximum
        squid points for me don't you know. I also read a review of the
        35/36's from a Honda Blackbird user who managed to get 4,000 miles
        out of them with several long runs with speeds up to 140 mph. If he
        can get 4,000 out of them then I figure the new Azaro II's should
        equal what I get out of the Dunlops which is about 6,500 miles.
        Then my squid quotient will be higher and will help an old man
        believe is fast again. Besides, MC News did the comparo not long ago
        and loved the Avons on the Sprint and Honda, they will no doubt work
        on the Trophy.
        Bruce