Re: Tony Angco

  • dave troughton
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 1, 2001
      Had e-chats with Tony on a couple of occasions, and always read his informed
      intelligence spanned all continents.

      His death is the worst possible news,and I would like send my condolences to
      Tony's family.

      Dave Troughton
      Bedfordshire, UK

      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 1, 2001
        just found out, my condolences to tonys family and friends.
      • john_o
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 1, 2001
          This news saddens me also. I first knew Tony on the Internet BMW Riders
          list a long time ago...condolences to family and friends of Tony......

          Bummer....

          John
          99Trophy4
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 2, 2001
            I am on 4 different motorcycle related lists and all have lost
            members due to crashes in the last year. I am sort of new here (2
            months) and really didn't know Tony at all but have read many of his
            posts and learned somethings from him. I am truly sorry for those of
            you who were his friends.

            Gary
          • h.j.p.fick
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 2, 2001
              >>Reading all the tributes, I wonder if it an idea to print them all
              off and send to his good lady. She will be distraught at this present
              time, but perhaps later it may be of some comfort for her to know
              just how highly people on this list valued his presence and warm
              personality.

              I have never seen a bad word said against Tony; only good. He
              contributed a lot to this world, if our own group is a yardstick.

              As List Administrator, I am happy to write an appropriate covering
              letter if members feel it would be an good move. I would need his
              address as well. What do people think?
              Somehow, I don't feel like riding my bike today....>>

              Ken,

              I fully agree with your words and support your idea.

              Henk Fick
            • towman85@aol.com
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 2, 2001
                I didn't know tony personaly but I read his postings and found ynotfix. to be
                a good friend to talk with over the computor good tips and a good person I
                want to say goodbye from a friend that he did not know. I hoped I would be
                able to ride with him someday.but that seems put off for another time thanks
                to all who responded to the demise of tony the group is better aware of the
                dangers we impose on ourselves everytime we start our engines. (PLEASE DRIVE
                SAFLEY I LOVE MY LIFE I HOPE YOU DO TOO...TOWMAN85@... JEFF
                GARTSIDE........GOODBYE.)

              • Lars-Erik Stoltz
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                  I had the privilege to speak with Tony through e-mail several times.
                  He was very helpful and I will really miss him.

                  If Ken intends to write to his wife on our behalf, I'm for it.

                  --
                  Lars-Erik Stoltz, Sweden
                  Triumph Trophy 1200 '97
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 3, 2001
                    Somehow I don't know what I would write in a letter to Tony's widow.
                    However, after getting back from a long weekend I have morbidly read
                    every post about Tony and am sitting here in a sad funk. He too
                    helped me off line and I always paid extra attention to his posts.
                    Even had a collage of pics off his web site printed out and posted on
                    my cubical wall 'cause I thought he was a wildman, but a great guy
                    and I respected that. Someone not like me, yet someone I could relate
                    to and admire. He had that "Zen and the Art of Motorcycling" sense of
                    quality in a totally sane and human way.

                    I guess if I had to say one thing, it is that of everyone on the
                    list, I looked forward to riding with you the most Tony...

                    Rest in peace.

                    -Jeff
                    aka Flatlander1200
                  • Robert Marion
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 5, 2001
                      Just returned from vacation to hear this most disturbing news.

                      Rest in Peace, Tony.

                      Yours,
                      Robert

                    • Ken Hastie
                      Message 10 of 12 , Dec 3, 2001
                        On 3 Dec 01 at 8:15, texan wrote:

                        > I do not know if this list knows, But Tony A. died a few months ago.
                        > He was a very close and dear friend of mine. In fact I bought his
                        > 1200 Trophy from his widow, who also died a month ago...

                        Yes, we did know. It was a tremendous shock to us all. If you were a
                        friend, you may care to read some of the tributes to Tony posted in
                        the archives. He made one big impression on us all.

                        To hear that his widow died shortly afterwards absolutely astounded
                        us. I had promised the list I would write to her (after things
                        settled) and enclose some of the nice tributes. Just as I was
                        preparing this, we heard of her death also.

                        Carpe Diem, I guess

                        Ken the Geordie
                        List Administrator
                      • Beardg@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Aug 8, 2003
                          Beardg>Someone mentioned old Tony today and I had to give it a moment or two.
                          Then I quickly searched Google on Tonys' name and the pages filled with part
                          of his legacy. Some nice pics and many how to articles...........Time well
                          spent.
                          Gods speed Tony.
                          DaveL.96Trophy4,69TR6R