Re: [TriumphTrophy] Is The Triumph Trophy The Right Size

  • john tabberer
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
      Standard screen may be a little short. but you can get taller screens

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
        Hi, well I'm 6'3" weigh in at 89kg and I'm 61 in just over a week. Bought my '98 Trophy 1200 end of February last year. I find the size for me is perfect. Comfortable riding position. Seat could be a little more comfortable for long rides (I haven't got a lot of padding on my butt), but a gel seat cover would sort that out. The only thing I find is the overall weight when manhandling (it's almost a quarter of a tonne) and that it's very top heavy when fully fuelled etc.

        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Chuck Weissberg <oceanis281@...> wrote:

        > Well, mate I'm 6' 5" and my 1996 fits me perfect

      • tomewingus
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
          I'm 6'9" and love the Trophy as it is one of the few biles short of a Goldwing or a Boss Hoss that does fit me. Like someone else said, you might want to consider a taller wind screen, but my legs fit under the tank etc.
        • bownez@juno.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 7, 2012
            I'll chime in on this topic too. I have a 2001 BBBB. I'm now 6'2", 195 lbs, and the Trophy fits my lanky body fine.It's difficult to find a bike that fits a tall rider well, but the Triumph does and that is why I purchased her.My other bike is a Guzzi Convert (my lazy ride) which works well because of the floorboards. I run the Clearview XL screen. Bones