Datatool alarm odd behaviour - now fixed

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2012
      After searching around I have discovered where the batteries in the RC transmitter are held. I found the information at

      http://www.bikersoracle.com/cbr600/forum/showthread.php?t=9037

      They are hidden inside the bottom of the plastic housing. In order to replace them it is necessary to first remove the waterproof sleeve, then slide the PCB from the black plastic housing. The battery holder is then exposed in the PCB.

      I replaced batteries in the `spare' transmitter which I had never before used and it worked immediately.

      Datatool supply a complete replacement battery kit which provides a new housing so I might get one of those to ensure the transmitter is completely waterproof.

      Keith
      London, UK
    • Thomas
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2012
        I have a Datatool Evo alarm in my '01 Bonneville, and I had the same symptoms about three months ago. I emailed Datatool and was told that yes, there is a battery (for backup) in the alarm unit, but that it would not cause my problem. They went on to say that the Evo was no longer supported. I removed it, and that was not an easy task, so now I am alarmless.