Re: Keihin Main and Pilot Jets

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 30, 2011
      Hi Bob, Do you remember what the main jet sizes are? I read that stock main jet sizes are 105 & 110 for 1200's with Mikuni carbs. When my '96 900 had the Mikuni carbs the jets were 120 & 125. It had more power with 127.5 jets. Then I changed to Keihin's searching for fuel economy. The fuel economy increased a little bit but at the cost of the fun factor. So out went the Keihin 120 jets and in went 127.5 Ohh Boy, the fun factor is back.
      I'm curious, should I have changed the rubber boots between the carbs and the head when I changed the Mikuni's to Keihin's? Are they the same boot?
      Greg

      apsllp@. wrote:
      He asked if I wanted a few more ponies..... I said H_ _L yes! He opened up the jets and put it on the Dyno. My carbs have flowed more fuel from the time I drove the bike off of the dealers lot.
      Bob Clark
      01 Sunset Red Trophy 1200
      Jacksonville, FL
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 1, 2011
        FYIL The jets in my 1200 are 115's. It's a 50 mile round trip to work so I
        decided to ride my bike to work for economy's sake but checked the mileage
        against my then '89 Honda Civic. The Civic got 33mpg and the Trophy 30mpg! I
        got to work about 15 minutes sooner however. (;-)

        Ed J.
        2001 Triumph Trophy 1200
        1964 Bonneville TT Special
        Indian Harbour Beach, FL 32937
        Cell - 321/795-4387

        apsllp@. wrote:
        He asked if I wanted a few more ponies..... I said H_ _L yes! He opened up
        the jets and put it on the Dyno. My carbs have flowed more fuel from the
        time I drove the bike off of the dealers lot.
        Bob Clark
        01 Sunset Red Trophy 1200
        Jacksonville, FL

        List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add
        agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original
        writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented
        topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed,
        except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a
        minimum when replying.