Experimental Trophy Windshield

  • spokewrch@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2011
      Having recently sold my Trophy I find I am left with a windshield that I no
      longer need. I am calling it an experimental windshield because I took a
      factory tall clear windshield and mounted two adjustable brackets with a
      semi-triangular plexiglass wing on the top of it. I tried three different
      sizes of plexiglass on the front of it and found the smallest piece worked the
      best. I was having air turbulence right at my ear level which was causing
      a bit of wind noise. This setup worked beautifully to reduce the air noise.
      The only negative was that the brackets I constructed are of sheet metal
      and their finish is not perfect.
      Maybe someone in this group would be interested in this setup. One could
      always take the wing off the windshield and there would only be four holes
      left in the factory shield or the shield could be run as is.
      If anyone is interested contact me at _Spokewrch@..._
      (mailto:Spokewrch@...) . I can send pics to anyone that might be interested. I am
      offering it at $25 plus shipping. Thanks all.

    • Don Varnau
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2011
        Hi,

        I'm guessing '99 or newer, since you said "tall" but...
        What year and how many mounting holes at the bottom of the screen?

        Don
        '97 900

        > Having recently sold my Trophy I find I am left with a windshield that I
        no
        > longer need. I am calling it an experimental windshield because I took a
        > factory tall clear windshield and mounted two adjustable brackets with a
        > semi-triangular plexiglass wing on the top of it.
      • spokewrch@aol.com

          > Having recently sold my Trophy I find I am left with a windshield that I
          no
          > longer need. I am calling it an experimental windshield because I took
          > factory tall clear windshield and mounted two adjustable brackets with a
          > semi-triangular plexiglass wing on the top of it.

          ------------------------------------

          List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add
          agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original
          writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented topics,
          and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed, except for
          personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a minimum when
          replying.

        • steve krenz
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 29, 2011
            If any interest I have a brand new stock height windshield off my '96 Trophy 900. I replaced it with a tall unit the day I bought it new.
            Steve

            > Having recently sold my Trophy I find I am left with a windshield that I
            no
            > longer need. I am calling it an experimental windshield because I took
            > factory tall clear windshield and mounted two adjustable brackets with a
            > semi-triangular plexiglass wing on the top of it.

            List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add