Hope your ride went better than my drive

  • Bodmas
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2011
      Hi,

      was one of our members on the M1 north yesterday in the slow moving traffice between junctions 8 and 13,

      I was in my cage, stuck because of accidents ahead and a dark blue trophy with a Cymru sticker on the right hand pannier passed me...

      You didn't wave!...

      seemed to have your hands full squeezeing through the traffic.

      John
    • garyviggars
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2011
        Hi John

        I take a 2001 " Y " reg Dark Blue 1200 south between J9 to J4 between 7:30 to 8:00 am weekdays and back up just after 5pm.
        BUT I haven't got a Cymru sticker so I guess it isn't me.
        Never seen another one on that road but it could be someone on a different shift. Interesting to think that theres another one out there nearby.
        Regards Gary
        1200 2001 BBBB Blue
        ( faster in the mornings when I'm awake )
        currently running too rich
        and ain't using 021's again

        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Bodmas" <rebullet@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > was one of our members on the M1 north yesterday in the slow moving traffice between junctions 8 and 13,
        >
        > I was in my cage, stuck because of accidents ahead and a dark blue trophy with a Cymru sticker on the right hand pannier passed me...
        >
        > You didn't wave!...
        >
        > seemed to have your hands full squeezeing through the traffic.
        >
        > John

      • john tabberer
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 1, 2011
          Hi Gary,
          I saw dark blue trophy's on two occasions last night, the first one about 5:30  the second later I didn't notice any stickers on the first. I was surprised that I was passed twice by the same bike... so maybe you were the first, do you tend to keep to the left hand lanes in heavy traffic, because the first trophy kept to the left whilst I could see it, and the second was between lanes 2&3.
          regards John

          I take a 2001 " Y " reg Dark Blue 1200 south between J9 to J4 between 7:30 to 8:00 am weekdays and back up just after 5pm.
          BUT I haven't got a Cymru sticker so I guess it isn't me.
          Never seen another one on that road but it could be someone on a different shift. Interesting to think that theres another one out there nearby.
          Regards Gary
          1200 2001 BBBB Blue
          ( faster in the mornings when I'm awake )
          currently running too rich
          and ain't using 021's again

          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Bodmas" <rebullet@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > was one of our members on the M1 north yesterday in the slow moving traffice between junctions 8 and 13,
          >
          > I was in my cage, stuck because of accidents ahead and a dark blue trophy with a Cymru sticker on the right hand pannier passed me...
          >
          > You didn't wave!...
          >
          > seemed to have your hands full squeezeing through the traffic.
          >
          > John

        • Adeux
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 1, 2011
            There's a green w-reg that passes me around Sutton on the m25 most evenings
            going eastbound. It always upsets me that he never stops and offers a swap
            for my cage. Think I will have to knock him off to get his attention....
            A2

            Hi,

            -----
            A2
            Trophy 900, fox eyes, mostly red, mostly upright in southern England

          • garyviggars
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 2, 2011
              Hi John
              Well I tend to vary my position. In clear running traffic I tend to sit left side of outside lane but as I get towards 9 and the traffics building up I move over towards the left and try to follow patiently. Don't really see the point in ducking and diving when I'm turning off in a minute or so.
              Bike has red reflective sticky bits back of panniers and a matching topbox that hops on and off according to needs ( really messes with the handling )and a reg no that ends CGP.
              Regards Gary

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 3, 2011
                Cheers Gary.
                I think we nearly met!

                I had considered going to london on the bike, but chickened out due to prospect of folding my suit into the top box!...

                Regards John

                Well I tend to vary my position. In clear running traffic I tend to sit left side of outside lane but as I get towards 9 and the traffics building up I move over towards the left and try to follow patiently. Don't really see the point in ducking and diving when I'm turning off in a minute or so.
                Bike has red reflective sticky bits back of panniers and a matching topbox that hops on and off according to needs ( really messes with the handling )and a reg no that ends CGP.
                Regards Gary

                --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, john tabberer <rebullet@...> wrote:

                > Hi Gary,
                > I saw dark blue trophy's on two occasions last night, the first one about 5:30  the second later I didn't notice any stickers on the first. I was surprised that I was passed twice by the same bike... so maybe you were the first, do you tend to keep to the left hand lanes in heavy traffic, because the first trophy kept to the left whilst I could see it, and the second was between lanes 2&3.
                > regards John

              • Mike
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 3, 2011
                  On Saturday, September 03, 2011 at 8:22 AM, john tabberer wrote:
                  I had considered going to london on the bike, but chickened out due to prospect of folding my suit into the top box!...

                  Hi John,
                  never had the luxury of a top box, everything gets bagged up and strapped to the seat & rack. I found the best way to transport shirts & suit is to turn them inside out and roll them up. I get less creasing this way than if I’d worn the suit and travelled by car – probably says something about the way I drive a car.
                  Mike. 92, 900

                  To: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com

                  Cheers Gary.
                  I think we nearly met!

                  Regards John

                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 3, 2011
                    Thanks Mike,
                    will bear that in mind!

                    John

                    On Saturday, September 03, 2011 at 8:22 AM, john tabberer wrote:
                    I had considered going to london on the bike, but chickened out due to prospect of folding my suit into the top box!...

                    Hi John,
                    never had the luxury of a top box, everything gets bagged up and strapped to the seat & rack. I found the best way to transport shirts & suit is to turn them inside out and roll them up. I get less creasing this way than if I’d worn the suit and travelled by car – probably says something about the way I drive a car.
                    Mike. 92, 900

                    To: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com

                    Cheers Gary.
                    I think we nearly met!