alpine tour

  • graham arthur
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 13, 2011
      Hello all, am making final preparations for two weeks touring french, swiss and italian alps starting wednesday. I bought the trophy specifically for this trip and am grateful for the advice and info available from  all of you. The green goddess, (2000BBBB brg) is as ready as I can make her. Route takes me via tunnel, gentle ride down to geneva over two days to pick up my wife from airport, then the fun starts around the alps. Will try to post details of progress.
      graham

    • Adeux
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 14, 2011
        Sounds like a cracking plan...and if you don't find her in geneva make the
        most of a bit of piece and quiet.

        Are you going to take the toll roads? I found them probably 1/3 faster and
        probably safer but not so scenic. Have you got a camera mount on the front
        of the bike as some runs would make nice memories.

        Have a good trip and look forward to hearing your progress - bit like being
        on holiday again. If you can book hotels in advance on the Internet they
        tend to be cheaper - I felt there were better deals from the uk but once in
        France on French wifi I could not get them. Which has a secondary advantage
        of pacing yourself as I tended to cut out the enjoyment part by going too
        fast or too far.

        A2

        builderchuckga wrote:

        > Hello all, am making final preparations for two weeks touring french,
        > swiss and italian alps starting wednesday. I bought the trophy
        > specifically for this trip and am grateful for the advice and info
        > available from  all of you. The green goddess, (2000BBBB brg) is as ready
        > as I can make her. Route takes me via tunnel, gentle ride down to geneva
        > over two days to pick up my wife from airport, then the fun starts around
        > the alps. Will try to post details of progress.
        > graham

        -----
        A2
        Trophy 900, fox eyes, mostly red, mostly upright in southern England

        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 15, 2011
          I'm living in Grenoble, and I can help for road book, accomodation... I
          really know a lot of possible roads, some known, some completely unknown.
          Just ask.
          Best regards,
          JiPé

          At 07:42 14/08/2011 +0100, you wrote:

          >Hello all, am making final preparations for two weeks touring french,
          >swiss and italian alps starting wednesday. I bought the trophy
          >specifically for this trip and am grateful for the advice and info
          >available from all of you. The green goddess, (2000BBBB brg) is as ready
          >as I can make her. Route takes me via tunnel, gentle ride down to geneva
          >over two days to pick up my wife from airport, then the fun starts around
          >the alps. Will try to post details of progress.
          >graham
        • graham arthur
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 24, 2011
            ________________________________
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 24, 2011
              ALPS?? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING ALPS, WE HAVE THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS.

            • harry capper
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 24, 2011
                Been to both...Alps win by a long long way and strangely enough they don't smell either

                'H'

                P P P Save a tree ...... Eat a beaver P P P

                To: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
                From: bobtacker@...
                Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:20:37 -0700

                ALPS?? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING ALPS, WE HAVE THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS.

              • Barak
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 24, 2011
                  Compared to the Alps.what you have is Rocky Hills! J

                  Best regards

                  Phil Perks

                  Managing Director
                  Pro-Street Cycles Ltd
                  <http://www.pro-streetcycles.com/> http://www.pro-streetcycles.com

                  <http://www.prostreetblog.com/> http://www.prostreetblog.com

                  <http://www.time4bikes.com/> http://www.time4bikes.com

                  "Attitude is Everything...."

                  The sender cannot accept any liability for any loss and or damage sustained
                  as a result of software viruses. It is your responsibility to carry out
                  such virus checking as is necessary before opening any attachment.

                  ALPS?? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING ALPS, WE HAVE THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS.

                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 24, 2011
                    On Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 5:20 PM, robert tacker wrote:
                    ALPS?? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKING ALPS, WE HAVE THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS.

                    yeah, but . . . lol. Half the family’s Austrian, so every summer would be spent in the Alps as a child. They remained the pinnacle (lol again) of beauty for me – until I spent some time working in Boulder Colorado. The Rockies are just plain awesome. Don’t get mountain lions in the Alps though – big bonus if you break down on your bike.

                    Mike,
                    92 900

                  • robert tacker
                    Message 9 of 19 , Aug 24, 2011
                      And don't forget about the girls of Boulder!!!

                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 24, 2011
                        On Wednesday, August 24, 2011 at 6:13 PM, robert tacker wrote:
                        And don't forget about the girls of Boulder!!!

                        Are they causing a problem as well now? It was only the mountain lions that you had to look out for while I was there.
                        Mike,
                        92, 900

                        To: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com

                        Message 11 of 19 , Aug 24, 2011
                          Girls of boulder...mountain lions...pffft...pussy cats

                          There Julie 'bloody' Andrews in the Alps...infinately more dangerous

                          Hehehe

                          P P P Save a tree ...... Eat a beaver P P P

                          To: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com

                          Message 12 of 19 , Aug 24, 2011
                            My last time through Boulder, the girls were jumping off cliffs and from behind trees trying to get after me and the Trophy. Same thing happened in Taos. In fact, everywhere I go the gals come running. I'm pretty sure it's the studly driver of my Big Green Beast. My wife assures me, however, that it's the bike!

                            John F
                            Minneapolis
                            96 Trophy 1200 BRG
                            55,700 miles
                            Going to drive to Memphis on Monday. 675 miles. 12 hours. Sorry, Bob. My bike's going to be in Melvis when you come to Mpls.
                          • robert tacker
                            Message 13 of 19 , Aug 24, 2011
                              Still trying to get that results from my Trophy.  Be sure to try the great Bar B Q in Memphis, best I ever had.

                              Message 14 of 19 , Aug 24, 2011
                                Hey Bob T,
                                So far I have dined at Rendezvous (twice), Jim's Interstate BBQ, and Corky's. Rendezvous is the Memphis dry rub style. Unbelievable how they get the ribs so moist. Memphis definitely has it's own style. It's not as sweet as some, and not as hot (hot spices) as others. It's got it's own signature. Every place is different, but there's definitely a Memphis style. Kind of like the music here.

                                Wednesdays are Bike Nights on Beale. Looking forward to running the Trophy down here so I can not fit in. I guess the Harley's gather on one end of Beale and the Sport Bikers gather at the other end. Not sure what's in the middle. I'll get some pics when I go. And more ribs.

                                --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, robert tacker <bobtacker@...> wrote:

                                > Still trying to get that results from my Trophy.  Be sure to try the great Bar B Q in Memphis, best I ever had.
                              • Samuel Crider
                                Message 15 of 19 , Aug 24, 2011
                                  Oh yeah, I know the feeling. Seems the bike nites are the same here in
                                  New Orleans. Bunch of hogs who won't even speak. What's up with that?

                                  Samuel Crider
                                  96 BBBB PB
                                  New Orleans

                                  On 8/24/11, John F <mailman93060@...> wrote:
                                  > Hey Bob T,
                                  > So far I have dined at Rendezvous (twice), Jim's Interstate BBQ, and
                                  > Corky's. Rendezvous is the Memphis dry rub style. Unbelievable how they
                                  > get the ribs so moist. Memphis definitely has it's own style. It's not as
                                  > sweet as some, and not as hot (hot spices) as others. It's got it's own
                                  > signature. Every place is different, but there's definitely a Memphis
                                  > style. Kind of like the music here.
                                  >
                                  > Wednesdays are Bike Nights on Beale. Looking forward to running the Trophy
                                  > down here so I can not fit in. I guess the Harley's gather on one end of
                                  > Beale and the Sport Bikers gather at the other end. Not sure what's in the
                                  > middle. I'll get some pics when I go. And more ribs.
                                  >
                                  > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, robert tacker <bobtacker@...> wrote:
                                  >>
                                  >> Still trying to get that results from my Trophy.  Be sure to try the
                                  >> great Bar B Q in Memphis, best I ever had.Â
                                  >

                                  > ------------------------------------
                                  >
                                  > List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add
                                  > agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original
                                  > writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented
                                  > topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed,
                                  > except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a
                                  > minimum when replying.

                                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                                • Samuel Crider
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Aug 24, 2011

                                    On 8/24/11, Samuel Crider <dieseldude1@...> wrote:
                                    > Oh yeah, I know the feeling. Seems the bike nites are the same here in
                                    > New Orleans. Bunch of hogs who won't even speak. What's up with that?
                                    >
                                    > Samuel Crider
                                    > 96 BBBB PB
                                    > New Orleans
                                    >
                                    > On 8/24/11, John F <mailman93060@...> wrote:
                                    >> Hey Bob T,
                                    >> So far I have dined at Rendezvous (twice), Jim's Interstate BBQ, and
                                    >> Corky's. Rendezvous is the Memphis dry rub style. Unbelievable how they
                                    >> get the ribs so moist. Memphis definitely has it's own style. It's not
                                    >> as
                                    >> sweet as some, and not as hot (hot spices) as others. It's got it's own
                                    >> signature. Every place is different, but there's definitely a Memphis
                                    >> style. Kind of like the music here.
                                    >>
                                    >> Wednesdays are Bike Nights on Beale. Looking forward to running the
                                    >> Trophy
                                    >> down here so I can not fit in. I guess the Harley's gather on one end of
                                    >> Beale and the Sport Bikers gather at the other end. Not sure what's in
                                    >> the
                                    >> middle. I'll get some pics when I go. And more ribs.
                                    >>
                                    >> --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, robert tacker <bobtacker@...>
                                    >> wrote:
                                    >>>
                                    >>> Still trying to get that results from my Trophy.  Be sure to try the
                                    >>> great Bar B Q in Memphis, best I ever had.Â
                                    >>

                                    >> ------------------------------------
                                    >>
                                    >> List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add
                                    >> agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original
                                    >> writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented
                                    >> topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed,
                                    >> except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a
                                    >> minimum when replying.
                                    >>

                                    >> Post message: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
                                    >> Subscribe: TriumphTrophy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
                                    >>
                                    >> Yahoo! Groups Links

                                  • jim.miles96
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Aug 25, 2011
                                      Hi John,

                                      Memphis? This is my turf and to my knowledge I'm the only Trophy rider in town. The bike night boys are harmless and a Trophy will fit in just fine. Oh yea, no middle when you're talking about Beale Street!

                                      We should meet up while you're down here. I'm off work for a wile and will probably try to do some riding myself. I'm about 15 miles east of Memphis and have a smoking hot 2003 Trophy. I've done all my own maintenance on this trophy and have tools, parts, truck etc. Send me an email if I can help with anything. jmiles8@...

                                      Not sure what kind of time you have to spend but if you come in from the northwest and cut over through the Ozarks you will have a fine time on that bike.

                                      Jim Miles
                                    • robert tacker
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Aug 25, 2011
                                        Its always good to have a Triumph Friend with tools where you are going, and I bet he knows where the coldest beer in Memphis is served!!!!

                                        Message 19 of 19 , Sep 4, 2011