Re: [TriumphTrophy] Gas Mileage Down from 34 to 28...

  • apsllp@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 6, 2011
      He hehe.....and everyone was telling me my Trophy was sick when I achieved 27 mpg.

      I also earned a certificate of performance.... Only.mine was in a Diesel Jetta this time.

      Bob Clark
      01 Sunset Red Trophy 1200

    • apsllp@bellsouth.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 6, 2011
        If you have a wobble in the front....check your front tire preassure and the tread for cupping...especially if your running Bridgestones. Also a factory rep told me once the reason Triumph did not offer a different (taller) screen was because of wind tunnel stability testing. My top box makes no appreciable difference unless it is overloaded.

      • Chris Nichols
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 6, 2011
          I did a ride with a buddy of mine a few years ago where his top box added a bad front shimmy to his Harley.  As with mine, you don't notice it until you let go of the handlebars.  So I don't think anything is wrong with the tires.

          If you have a wobble in the front....check your front tire preassure and the tread for cupping...especially if your running Bridgestones.   Also a factory rep told me once the reason Triumph did not offer a different (taller) screen was because of wind tunnel stability testing.  My top box makes no appreciable difference unless it is overloaded.

          List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed, except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a minimum when replying.

          Subscribe:  TriumphTrophy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        • apsllp@bellsouth.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 6, 2011
            Chris:

            Read the FAQ. Ive owned my Trophy since it was brand new and drove it of the showroom floor. This is a topic that has come up several times over the years. Ive also experienced it myself. 99% of the time I ride with a top box on.

            Ive also only had it happen with a Bridgestone tire that was cupped when I took my hands off.the bars. Its most prevalent when the tires get some calendar time on them.

            Ben there, done that. Go put on a fresh set of Avon's. I'd put $$$ its tires. Id say most on this list would who are long time Trophy owners would take that bet with me.

            Will you be riding to the Dragon Raid in September ?

            Bob Clark
            01 Sunset Red Trophy 1200
            Jacksonville, FL

          • Robert
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 6, 2011
              On 8/6/2011 5:58 PM, Chris Nichols wrote:

              Chris:

              Where are you located ?

              Bob Clark
              01 Sunset Red Trophy 1200
              Jacksonville, FL

            • chris.woody18@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 6, 2011
                Fort leavenworth ks

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 6, 2011
                  Ride out to the Dragon Raid.....there are several who rode from Texas,
                  Canada and the West Coast. One member of this group is in MN and
                  mentioned thinking about the ride over.....

                  Bob

                  On 8/6/2011 8:01 PM, chris.woody18@... wrote:

                  > Fort leavenworth ks

                • John F
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 8, 2011
                    The tires are brand new and she rides like a dream. Honestly, I'm not bothered by wind-turbulence-induced instability above 100 mph. I have the weight distributed unevenly around the panniers and top box. The clearview XL is really a see-through barn door.

                    That's why I said I was going to pop the old screen back on, take off all the bags, and let her rip.

                    Dragon Raid is uncertain. Work and family are colliding with it. More...

                    John F
                    Minneapolis
                    96 Trophy 1200 BRG
                    55,650 miles (correction from last post)