Gas Mileage Down from 34 to 28...

  • John F
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2011
      ...because I'm riding it like I stole it. I will say the Clearview XL makes the bike a bit wavy above the ton. I'm going to pop the original screen on next weekend, take the bags off, and let her rip.

      My big green beast is running great. Expect to be heading down the Mississippi River to Memphis in a couple weeks. Gonna camp on the way. I expect the mileage to improve on that trip because I can't afford another law enforcement speed calibration certificate. Last long trip I got 35 mpg (U.S. measures).

      The Dragon looks doubtful. Unless I take a couple days off work and come during the week.

      Trophys Ignite!

      John F
      Minneapolis
      96 Trophy 1200 BRG
      55,800 miles
    • Chris Nichols
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2011
        I have the stock top box for my 1200 Trophy.  On a recent trip I was loaded down with gear and at one point I took my hands off the bars.  Whoa!!!  The front end started to shimmy like a high speed wobble.  Something about that top box causes a weird shift of weight or something.  I too have the Clearview shield, and yes it is a bit dodgy at high speeds.

        ...because I'm riding it like I stole it.  I will say the Clearview XL makes the bike a bit wavy above the ton.  I'm going to pop the original screen on next weekend, take the bags off, and let her rip.

        My big green beast is running great. Expect to be heading down the Mississippi River to Memphis in a couple weeks.  Gonna camp on the way.  I expect the mileage to improve on that trip because I can't afford another law enforcement speed calibration certificate.  Last long trip I got 35 mpg (U.S. measures).

        The Dragon looks doubtful. Unless I take a couple days off work and come during the week.

        Trophys Ignite!

        John F
        Minneapolis
        96 Trophy 1200 BRG