Re: Re[TriumphTrophy] moving Main Fairing [Nose Cone]

  • Adeux
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2011
      So that I know what I'm getting into before I remove the main
      fairing [Nose Cone] I'd like to know if I'm correct in assuming that the
      instrument cluster stays in place even after the nose cone is removed.
      Correct?

      yep but be careful of the rubber mounts that hold up the instrument cluster
      they get brittle with age and quickly adding a few cable ties to help them
      do their job will save them if you are going to tug them at all.

      A2

      -----
      A2
      Trophy 900, fox eyes, mostly red, mostly upright in southern England
    • Samuel Crider
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2011
        A2,

        Yes, you will need to change these rubbers. Or you can make your own
        from small lenghts of fuel line or softer vacumn hose. Otherwise your
        cluster droops and allows light intrusion which really sux.

        Samuel