Re: any one in north London or St albans?

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 30, 2011
      so lunch at ace cafe ?

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Adeux <adeux60@...> wrote:

      > Tunbridge wells Kent.
      >

      > tonyofhertz wrote:
      > >

      > > about 1.30 even 2 .....from where are u ?
      > >
      > > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Adeux <adeux60@> wrote:
      > >>

      > >> What time's lunch- whatever I am about 80mins away
      > >> A2

      > >> -----
      > >> A2
      > >> Trophy 900, fox eyes, mostly red, mostly upright in southern England
      > >> --
      > >>

      > -----
      > A2
      > Trophy 900, fox eyes, mostly red, mostly upright in southern England
      > --

    • Adeux
      Message 2 of 13 , May 1, 2011
        Aiming for "1+" am going to get some thicker oil in before then and will
        confirm departure by about 1130 with you.

        07948 992 396 In case you want to know if I have broken down or not.

        It's a red trophy with green boxes and I won't be wearing a rose in my lapel
        A2

        -----
        Message 3 of 13 , May 1, 2011
          Mobile

          -----
          A2
          Trophy 900, fox eyes, mostly red, mostly upright in southern England
        • John F
          Message 4 of 13 , May 1, 2011
            Did your bike make it all the way, Adeux? What did you have for lunch? Who else was at the Ace? Do let us know! >:-)

            By the way, now that I have your mobile, how about sending along a complete credit card number, security code, and password?

            Ar har har. I know, I can hardly stop laughing myself. (:-D

            Be well,

            John F
            Minneapolismartarse
            96 Trophy 1200 BRG
            53,750 miles
            Stuck there for 10 days because I'm in Barcelona. And I'm still checking in on my Triumph friends because, well, because I care.
          • stevec1200brg
            Message 5 of 13 , May 1, 2011
              Took a blast out this afternoon and, by co-incidence, ended up at the Ace Cafe about 4PM.

              Just got home and read this thread.

              Dissapointed I didn't invite myself along.

              Maybe next time eh?

              Steve
            • Tony
              Message 6 of 13 , May 1, 2011
                Are you green, corbin seat and over 40.000 miles... ?

                --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "stevec1200brg" <steve@...> wrote:

                > Took a blast out this afternoon and, by co-incidence, ended up at the Ace Cafe about 4PM.
                >
                > Just got home and read this thread.
                >
                > Dissapointed I didn't invite myself along.
                >
                > Maybe next time eh?
                >
                > Steve

              • Tony
                Message 7 of 13 , May 1, 2011
                  Was a nice italian bike day, plenty of ducati and mv.
                  And yes he did it but not knowledge about the return...:)
                  I have had my usual Chilly, chips & chease...fatty one...
                  Next time i want more ppl for a ride out...

                  Message 8 of 13 , May 1, 2011
                    yes, it's BR Green but, no Corbin seat & less than 40k miles.

                    Last week my handle here was corrigansteve. It's changed because I read somewhere not to use my real name on the internet for some reason.

                    Bolt/door/stable

                    Best wishes

                    Steve C
                  • Adeux
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 1, 2011
                      As Tony says we met up for a bit of lunch. I had the English breakfast. The
                      ace sausage wasn't so ace and the bacon over smoked but am I critical?....

                      I was very impressed with the mv augustas ever so smooth right across the
                      age range and even the oldest had an anodised aluminium finished engine -
                      take note triumph...there was a good selection of dukes and a full hand of
                      laverdas.

                      The bike ran well on the fast stuff but definately misfiring on the hot slow
                      stuff so taking Tony's advice I got home and decanted the tank and cleaned
                      the carbs - could be on the right track. Checked the plugs and going to move
                      the pilots to 1 and 3/4 turns. Tony runs with accessible inline filters
                      which he breaks open as required.

                      Remaining mismatch is having found an older similar PVL igniter to my
                      younger Gill I am wondering if I should have changed the pickup to the
                      matching component. See misfire symptoms when hot....

                      The HIDs running constantly and excellent although I won't generally run
                      them during the day.

                      Tried Tony's 900 for size and am going to have to raise the handlebars on
                      mine too. Big screen tempting but the comfort levels keep me below 85 which
                      is probably a good thing.

                      Funny that I had lived in London 1/2 my life and 9/10's on a bike and
                      thought the Ace was on the A1 and so this marks my first visit. Must have
                      driven past it about 100 times not realising it was tucked away to the west.
                      A2