any one in north London or St albans?

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 30, 2011
      any one in north London or St albans for a lunch, cofe or ride out tomorrow....
      Im probably going 4 lunch to ace cafe....
    • Adeux
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 30, 2011
        What time's lunch- whatever I am about 80mins away
        A2

        tonyofhertz wrote:

        > any one in north London or St albans for a lunch, cofe or ride out
        > tomorrow....
        > Im probably going 4 lunch to ace cafe....

        -----
        A2
        Trophy 900, fox eyes, mostly red, mostly upright in southern England
      • Tony
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 30, 2011
          about 1.30 even 2 .....from where are u ?

          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 30, 2011
            Tunbridge wells Kent.

            -----
            Message 5 of 13 , Apr 30, 2011
              so lunch at ace cafe ?

              --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Adeux <adeux60@...> wrote:

              > Tunbridge wells Kent.
              >

              > tonyofhertz wrote:
              > >

              > > about 1.30 even 2 .....from where are u ?
              > >
              > > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, Adeux <adeux60@> wrote:
              > >>

              > >> What time's lunch- whatever I am about 80mins away
              > >> A2

              > >> -----
              > >> A2
              > >> Trophy 900, fox eyes, mostly red, mostly upright in southern England
              > >> --
              > >>

              > -----
              > A2
              > Trophy 900, fox eyes, mostly red, mostly upright in southern England
              > --

            • Adeux
              Message 6 of 13 , May 1, 2011
                Aiming for "1+" am going to get some thicker oil in before then and will
                confirm departure by about 1130 with you.

                07948 992 396 In case you want to know if I have broken down or not.

                It's a red trophy with green boxes and I won't be wearing a rose in my lapel
                A2

                -----
                Message 7 of 13 , May 1, 2011
                  Mobile

                  -----
                  A2
                  Trophy 900, fox eyes, mostly red, mostly upright in southern England
                • John F
                  Message 8 of 13 , May 1, 2011
                    Did your bike make it all the way, Adeux? What did you have for lunch? Who else was at the Ace? Do let us know! >:-)

                    By the way, now that I have your mobile, how about sending along a complete credit card number, security code, and password?

                    Ar har har. I know, I can hardly stop laughing myself. (:-D

                    Be well,

                    John F
                    Minneapolismartarse
                    96 Trophy 1200 BRG
                    53,750 miles
                    Stuck there for 10 days because I'm in Barcelona. And I'm still checking in on my Triumph friends because, well, because I care.
                  • stevec1200brg
                    Message 9 of 13 , May 1, 2011
                      Took a blast out this afternoon and, by co-incidence, ended up at the Ace Cafe about 4PM.

                      Just got home and read this thread.

                      Dissapointed I didn't invite myself along.

                      Maybe next time eh?

                      Steve
                    • Tony
                      Message 10 of 13 , May 1, 2011
                        Are you green, corbin seat and over 40.000 miles... ?

                        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "stevec1200brg" <steve@...> wrote:

                        > Took a blast out this afternoon and, by co-incidence, ended up at the Ace Cafe about 4PM.
                        >
                        > Just got home and read this thread.
                        >
                        > Dissapointed I didn't invite myself along.
                        >
                        > Maybe next time eh?
                        >
                        > Steve

                      • Tony
                        Message 11 of 13 , May 1, 2011
                          Was a nice italian bike day, plenty of ducati and mv.
                          And yes he did it but not knowledge about the return...:)
                          I have had my usual Chilly, chips & chease...fatty one...
                          Next time i want more ppl for a ride out...

                          Message 12 of 13 , May 1, 2011
                            yes, it's BR Green but, no Corbin seat & less than 40k miles.

                            Last week my handle here was corrigansteve. It's changed because I read somewhere not to use my real name on the internet for some reason.

                            Bolt/door/stable

                            Best wishes

                            Steve C
                          • Adeux
                            Message 13 of 13 , May 1, 2011
                              As Tony says we met up for a bit of lunch. I had the English breakfast. The
                              ace sausage wasn't so ace and the bacon over smoked but am I critical?....

                              I was very impressed with the mv augustas ever so smooth right across the
                              age range and even the oldest had an anodised aluminium finished engine -
                              take note triumph...there was a good selection of dukes and a full hand of
                              laverdas.

                              The bike ran well on the fast stuff but definately misfiring on the hot slow
                              stuff so taking Tony's advice I got home and decanted the tank and cleaned
                              the carbs - could be on the right track. Checked the plugs and going to move
                              the pilots to 1 and 3/4 turns. Tony runs with accessible inline filters
                              which he breaks open as required.

                              Remaining mismatch is having found an older similar PVL igniter to my
                              younger Gill I am wondering if I should have changed the pickup to the
                              matching component. See misfire symptoms when hot....

                              The HIDs running constantly and excellent although I won't generally run
                              them during the day.

                              Tried Tony's 900 for size and am going to have to raise the handlebars on
                              mine too. Big screen tempting but the comfort levels keep me below 85 which
                              is probably a good thing.

                              Funny that I had lived in London 1/2 my life and 9/10's on a bike and
                              thought the Ace was on the A1 and so this marks my first visit. Must have
                              driven past it about 100 times not realising it was tucked away to the west.
                              A2