Re: [TriumphTrophy] Yoke cover modification

  • ldwolfe@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 2, 2011
      Just finished the mod. Came out perfect. I had edging in stock. The brake line had to be lengthened but, nothing else. I had the shop do it for me because my girl was getting her carbs cleanerd of corn syrup for the 2nd time in 12 months. :-( The set I bought from a forum member and it came with a double set of risers but, I only went up one. I'm sure if I had used both, all lines would have to be made longer. Haven't had time to try them out as I only got the bike back 2 days ago & it's been snowing still. Tomorrow looks quite promising. Good luck with your install.
      Cheers to all!
      LDW

      From: Chris Nichols <raygunriot@...>
      Sender: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2011 20:18:31
      To: <TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [TriumphTrophy] Yoke cover modification

      Please forward me the link as I will be doing the same thing real soon.  Did you find you had to buy new cables and brake lines?

      From: Jack Byers <jackbyers@...>
      To: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, April 2, 2011, 9:09 AM

      HHeey Wolfy,

         L'm pretty sure there's   couple posts bout exactly this chore in
      the Faqs file!
      On Apr 1, 2011, at 6:35 PM, ldwolfe wrote:

      > Has anyone modified the triple tree cover to fit over GenMar
      > risers? If so, could you provide a photograph, please?
      > Thank you in advance,
      > LD Wolfe

      List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed, except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a minimum when replying.

      Subscribe:  TriumphTrophy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com