hello again!

  • socalsinner13
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 7, 2010
      hey guys...im back again...
      Due to a cash shortage...i slowed down on my trophy search..
      Well, i still dont have money, but im looking again..
      Just wanted to say hello and hope everything is well for all!
    • jim.miles96
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 7, 2010
        Well, not sure who you are but it's good have you back again.

        What's your location?

        Jim

        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "socalsinner13" <socalsinner13@...> wrote:

        > hey guys...im back again...
        > Due to a cash shortage...i slowed down on my trophy search..
        > Well, i still dont have money, but im looking again..
        > Just wanted to say hello and hope everything is well for all!

      • roderick
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 8, 2010
          You still looking :-)

          Rod
          97 900 BRG
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 8, 2010
            Are you the one that had a Speed Four to trade?

            Ed J.
            EdLJohnson2@...
            2001 Triumph Trophy 1200
            1964 Triumph Bonneville
            Indian Harbour Beach, FL
            Cell - 321/795-4387

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 8, 2010
              Steve Collins in Pittsburgh has a 96 BRG BBBB in good condition for $2800. I am not a salesman, just passing this on to interested parties. Collins Cycle 724-872-8475

              ya guys, i started off complaing to Brillio and Poppa Jack that i was looking
              or a Trophy about a year ago.
              m in the Chicago burbs and have been looking nationally.
              guess its safe to say that i am price sensitive. Seen some realy great deals
              or trophys under $2200- about $1600.
              ad timing simply didnt allow me to spend the cash, but i am continuing my
              earch.
              Got an eye on a 1200 98( ?) in So. Cal...just gotta come up w/ a tad more cash
              nd she can be mine!

              ------------------------------------
              List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add agreement
              o a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original writer, please
              EPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented topics, and no postings
              f a political or commercial nature are allowed, except for personal items for
              ale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a minimum when replying.

              ost message: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
              ubscribe: TriumphTrophy-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
              ist owner: TriumphTrophy-owner@yahoogroups.com
              Yahoo! Groups Links
              Individual Email | Traditional
              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • socalsinner13
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 2, 2010
                Well
                i was able to head out to So. Cal for the holidays.
                Got a chance to see a 98 1200...
                Looked good for 54K miles.
                Rear tire was junk....sprocket and chain needed to be changed too..
                Condition of the bike looked good, though i wasnt thrilled when the owner couldnt tell me what type of oil he puts in the bike..
                I believe we sold the bike to someone else....

                Went to VEgas and a trophy owner didnt even let me stop by his house to see the bike. Somewhat odd as i dont know how you sell a bike w/ out letting someone see a bike....

                So no bike for my So. Cal trip yet....i'll just save more money and see what happens over the next few months...
              • brillooo@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 2, 2010
                  Well Social, I may sell mine. It's been a year since we talked and you
                  know the history of mine. I've spent about $3000 on it so it ought to be in
                  good shape now. 01 red with 29,000 miles. It's in east texas at the
                  Triumph dealer. I've been working in Tinley Park since May and will be heading
                  down there Tuesday. I check out of here at noon on Tuesday. When I left
                  it there last March I told 'em to "fix it" I think they put new fork
                  tubes, front and rear tires, did something to the headlight, replaced the loud
                  mufflers with stock replaced air filter. The gearing was off and I don't
                  think they did anything to that. No dings, dints or scratches. If you
                  remember I had an '03 which I totaled in October 09 and hurt my shoulder, tore
                  the rotator cuff completely loose and all four ligaments were torn loose.
                  Shoulder rebuild, 6 months of therapy and I bought the 01. I made one trip
                  on it to the Barber Motorsports Museum outside Birmingham. I've been here
                  in Tinley Park since May, right after doctor released me. I've been
                  thinking about a Ural sidecar and making a trans-Canadian trip next summer and
                  camping as much as possible.

                  In a message dated 12/2/2010 8:01:11 P.M. Central Standard Time,
                  socalsinner13@... writes:

                  Well
                  i was able to head out to So. Cal for the holidays.
                  Got a chance to see a 98 1200...

                • Greg
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 2, 2010
                    Hi Socal, There is a '96 900 on eBay. Salem, Oregon. It's even got a top box. Its like my bike, but I have a closable vent on the Clearview shield. I like it.
                    Greg Andrews
                    '96 900 BRG
                    81,000 smiles

                    "socalsinner13" wrote:
                    I believe we sold the bike to someone else....So no bike for my So. Cal trip yet....i'll just save more money and see what happens over the next few months...
                  • socalsinner13
                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 3, 2010
                      thanks Brillo
                      Snow...do you see it falling? hahaha...ohh man...i know So. Cal was a little cool w/ nights hitting the low 50's....but snow outside right now's got me in a foul mood...
                      Ural huh? wow....i keep looking at those Royal Enfield...Say one in Alsip that a pal may wanna look at.....keep me posted....i remembered when we spoke, and you got it off it ebay and the work you done to it...
                      keep me posted...