RE: [TriumphTrophy] Re: Frustrated in Florida!

    Message 1 of 308 , Nov 1, 2010
      My only regret is that we didn't start there but it's nice to know
      everything I know about the electrics now. My Dad ALWAYS started a tune up
      or trouble shooting with the spark plug wires. However, back in the day, a
      set of plugs, wires, rotor and distributor cap was less than $10! (;-)
      Things have changed a bit!
      A good friend has already offered up a good set of leads and I can
      now get a few good nights sleep while I wait for them to get here. Thanks
      for all your help and everyone else that pitched in. I was obviously getting
      no where and going in the wrong direction before you stepped in to help.
      Thank You!
      Regards

      Ed J.
      EdLJohnson2@...
      2001 Triumph Trophy 1200
      1964 Triumph Bonneville
      Indian Harbour Beach, FL
      Cell - 321/795-4387

      #2 and #3 are both bad which would be a hard task for the coil to jump a
      spark through both bad leads. Your symptoms remain consistent with what you
      have found.

      When leads go like that you can get exactly those symptoms. If they're open
      circuit like that they may fire only every now and then (spark jump) but
      when you are trying to start the engine it needs every spark it can find to
      get things turning. When you rev the engine often the spark jumps enough to
      fire the cylinders.

      I think you have found your problem. CONGRATULATIONS!!

      First thing to do is try and find a good set of leads which measure up the
      correct resistance, maybe someone on the Forum over there can help??

      Your almost on your way (and I'll bet it goes like a beauty, everything else
      has been fixed ;^))

      Regards and congrats in advance

      JohnM
    • TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com
      Message 308 of 308 , May 9, 2012
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the TriumphTrophy
        group.

        File : /1998 BBBB/Bike Running.3ga
        Uploaded by : lovemytrophy <tony.mitchell51@...>
        Description : This is the sound of my Trophy ticking over

        You can access this file at the URL:

        Regards,

        lovemytrophy <tony.mitchell51@...>