Re: [TriumphTrophy] Need advice on changing the FRONT pads

  • Jim Schisler
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 2, 2001
      and again- speaking from experience, cover the gas tank and fairing under
      the master cylinder. One drop of brake fluid on that plastic inner fairing
      will
      discolor it immediately- had me do'in the garage dance!

      Jim S
    • Ken Hastie
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2001

        You don't need to take the wheel out.

        Ken the Geordie
      • Jeff Fennema
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2001
          To replace the pads, just take out the central screw, then pull the pads out. You will have to lever the pistons back in, best done with the old pads still in place, but no need to remove the calipers, it just makes the job harder.
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 3, 2001
            Hey Jeff,

            I received a letter from you with and attachment. What was it?

            Peter

            --- In TriumphTrophy@y..., "Jeff Fennema" <jeff@h...> wrote:
            > To replace the pads, just take out the central screw, then pull the
            pads out. You will have to lever the pistons back in, best done with
            the old pads still in place, but no need to remove the calipers, it
            just makes the job harder.

            Service.

          • Jeff Fennema
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 3, 2001
              Unfortunately, it is likely a virus. My wife (really) opened an infected e-mail attachment, and I've been fighting it ever since.
              Sorry.