Re: [TriumphTrophy] Request for help

  • Jacques, Martin, VF-Group
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2010
      Bob commented that blinkers/indicators were $100 on the US side of the pond. Wow. I bought one for my 03 bike 4 months ago from my local Triumph dealer. Complete, painted, and with the lens and bulb was £23.

      Someone is making a nice little profit there ;-)

      Martin

      03 1200 in Graphite, 46k miles.

      Bath - UK

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2010
        Dear Lady,
        First please let me say, you are a gift from God to a husband. You
        really understand the workings of a man's heart. We simply cannot
        feel like all's well in our world when we break something on our
        bikes. Many of us have had to replace our blinkers for exactly the
        same reason. If one should happen to see a Trophy in the flesh,
        you'll see the initiated riders will come to a complete stop, wheel
        exactly forward, when he is going to park. He must examine, and plan
        his "landing" as a matter of habit, to avoid any sudden directional,
        or throttle changes. I don't think really tall folks have so much of
        a problem. To get him blinkers, go online to just about any mega-
        motorcycle aftermarket retailer. I use "Cycle Parts West" in Garden
        Grove, CA. Where I found blinkers I'm quite happy with for $9.95 per
        pair. I bought three sets, and I've used three of the six so far, but
        I'm getting better. Your Man may need to do as I did, and make up a
        set of "U" shaped brackets to adapt for the stalk length on most
        aftermarket blinkers are much shorter. The adapters are very easy to
        make. I made mine out of 1" wide steel strap I keep around for just
        such occasions. I cut 3 1/2" lengths, bent them into a "U", and then
        used a long bit to drill a hole thru the bracket, in a straight hole,
        I simply added the bracket to the existing bracket on the bike, and
        mounted the blinker to the bracket. I think it took me all of an hour
        from start to finish. Another real possibility that many have used,
        is to use stick-on flush mount blinkers. Mark McHugh posted a
        discussion about these just in the last couple of days, with tips
        about using them for running lights as well.. Once again, "Bless you
        my Dear Lady" for you are a rare, and beautiful Gem in a dark cruel
        world of criminal indifference.
        Respectfully yours,
        Poppa Jack
        On Sep 1, 2010, at 10:19 AM, bodhranlady wrote:

        > I am a brand new member of this group and have joined for the soul
        > purpose of requesting help.
        >
        > My bike mad husband took himself off to the local supermarket and
        > some unmentionable person took one of the indicators off his
        > beloved 900cc bike. Can anyone tell me where I can get a
        > replacement, the only place I tried was charging an absolute
        > fortune + post and packaging.
        > Thank you

      • trohpy3
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2010
          I have 2 rear blinkers from my 94 trophy which i dont need.I put givi luggage
          on the bike about 15 years ago and it came with new blinkers.I am in
          Australia,but if your interested make an offer(i'm not greedy) andthey can
          be yours.