Horn buttons

  • black524td
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13, 2010
      Fellas,

      I seem to have a bit of an issue with my horn button. Seems whenever its needed she just won't make the needed connection. I noticed it works when pushed inward and toward the grip, but not when just mashed straight inward. Naturally, my default hand position is incorrect and has to be adjusted inward during a developing crsis. I closely inspected the switch and it seems to be desidned to only operate in the inward/left direction. I was pondering fixes for this and wondered if any of you guys ever installed a pressure pad switch in/behind the tank side knee area pad. I'm thinking about adding this in parallel with the bar switch. Both would be operational, with the tank switch activated by squeezeing your right leg toward the tank. Mabee, a small sealed carpet type switch like used in alarm systems might work. She is such a comefry fit that I usually always give her a good squeeze during every ride.

      Anybody else suffering from this issue? Is my switch just shot, or do I just have weird hands? Any ideas on usable switch types?

      Sam Crider
      96 BBBB PB
      New Orleans
    • bodger barclay
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15, 2010
        I am sure if you dismantle the assembly you will get access to the contacts -
        although I am not aware of the detail there is bound to be a broken spring
        (biro replacement) or tang that just needs a bend. get some grease in there
        whilst you have it apart.