Re: Re: [TriumphTrophy] 900 not running - How long ago....

  • bodger barclay
    Message 1 of 47 , Jul 3, 2010
      If you go to that trouble then you cannot stop there - remove the pet lock
      from the tank and remove and clean it - this also eliminated the potential
      for 1/2" of water to accumulate below the take off level and you may as well
      do the same for the sender unit side - you won't need new gaskets.

      Randy:

      While you have the tank off, Dump the fuel out of it and flush the tank,
      then put fresh gasoline in it, be sure the internal tank screens are
      clear and flowing fuel. You can check that by doing what I suggested
      for Ed this morning,. Put several towels on a saw horse and place the
      tank on the saw horse, get a helper to hold it there......make sure it
      has fuel in it. Put a clean container under the fuel lines and then
      move
    • triumph771
      Message 47 of 47 , Aug 16, 2010
        >What petcock did you install? That is one of the problems I have
        >with the stock petcock on my 2001 BBBB. There is really no way to turn off
        >the fuel. It's either Prime (no vacuum needed) On, and Reserve (controlled
        >by vacuum). The only way I can think of to do this would be to install shut off valve in the vacuum line and that seems a little inconvenient if > not downright redundant!

        Ed J.

        Hi Ed,

        My bike was bucking a bit and I finally removed all the vacuum stuff California bikes are subject to. I live in Texas so when I had trouble with the fuel tap, I replaced it with an adaptor and valve I found in a Dennis Kirk catalog. With that I removed the last vacuum line and learned the thrill of the bike running out of gas when I tear out on to the roadway and forget to turn my gas on!

        The new benefit is running the carbs dry when I put the bike away for a while.

        Cheers,

        Randy