Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: 10% corn to 100% real gas ------Switching fuels did not cause your rubber seal / O-ring problems

  • john tabberer
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 3, 2010
      Hi,
      Sounds a bit like NAPALM to me... !

      John

      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 4, 2010
        No response or disagreement on this post so assume these are the correct
        plugs. Haynes says .8mm-.9mm electrode gap. Can I assume this is .035"?
        Ed J.

        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 5, 2010
          Ed,
          I am surprised no one responded to your post about spark plug heat range. I suspect the "9" would be fine, as the higher the number, the cooler the plug. I'd be surprised if they made anything cooler than a 9. I experimented with a set of 8's two winters ago but didn't really notice any difference in warm up or overall performance, so went back to 9's with the last service.

          BTW, next batch of knobs is complete, so expect yours in a few days.

          Jack
          Placerville, CA
          (Hangtown USA)
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 5, 2010
            Super! Thanks Jack!
            Ed J.

            I am surprised no one responded to your post about spark plug heat range. I
            suspect the "9" would be fine, as the higher the number, the cooler the
            plug. I'd be surprised if they made anything cooler than a 9. I experimented
            with a set of 8's two winters ago but didn't really notice any difference in
            warm up or overall performance, so went back to 9's with the last service.

            BTW, next batch of knobs is complete, so expect yours in a few days.

            Jack
            Placerville, CA
            (Hangtown USA)

            ------------------------------------

            List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add
            agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original
            writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented
            topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed,
            except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a
            minimum when replying.

          • sam's mail
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 5, 2010
              Fellas,

              The 4gal of light napalm went to good use. Needless to say part of the
              front yard is now devoid of fireants as well as grass. The old gal is
              still running great. But I must admit Sat. Night she started acting
              like she jumped time. Almost no low end grunt whatsoever. Limped home.
              Did another carb flush, this time running about 1/8 gal thru all 4
              with screws removed. Much better now, even lost the little pop at
              idle. She now runs better than ever. Stay tuned!

              Smiles,

              Sam Crider
              96 BBBB PB
              New Orleans

              On 7/3/10, john tabberer <rebullet@...> wrote:
              > Hi,
              > Sounds a bit like NAPALM to me... !
              >
              > John

              > ------------------------------------
              >
              > List guidelines: PLEASE NO grumpy replies, or replies which merely add
              > agreement to a previous post. If a reply is only relevant to the original
              > writer, please REPLY DIRECT to that person. No SPAM, no adult-oriented
              > topics, and no postings of a political or commercial nature are allowed,
              > except for personal items for sale/wanted. Please trim old messages to a
              > minimum when replying.

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Robert
              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 5, 2010
                That's Great news!

                That makes 2 Trophies (not mine) today that have been cleaned up and now
                running after having had Ethanol and then lack of use caused problems.
                Ethanol is no one's Friend but the political and fuel companies.

                Bob Clark
                01 Sunset Red Trophy 1200
                Jacksonville, FL