Getting the Trophy on the center stand

  • saintaug1
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
      A few days back I traveled to a local Triumph dealership in Orange Park, FL and low and behold there in the parking lot was another Trophy 1200. Naturally a conversation developed between me and Bob Clark that frequently posts on this forum. I happen to mention the fact that it's a bit of a challenge to get the beast on the center stand. As with many things in life, technique is everything. After demonstrating how it's done, I changed my stance, basically facing somewhat towards the back of the bike and surprise, surprise, the bike was on the center stand. I recall Bob said he weights in at around 165, demonstrating that technique trumps brawn at least in this case. You of course still to be careful not to tip the bike away from you and end up dumping the bike. Anyway, Bob thanks for the tip.

      Ron Kennon
      St. Augustine, FL
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 1, 2010
        Hi Ron,
        Bob definitely knows motorcycles! My '95 sits a little lower than
        stock, so it is next to impossible to get her up on the stand unless
        I run the rear wheel up on a piece of 2"X4", then it's a snap. I can
        roll it off pretty easily too.