rear brake light switch adjustment/repair

  • black524td
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 30, 2010
      Greetings to all,

      Just purchased a 96 1200. Lovely bike. Anybody ever addressed this before? I notice mine dosen't switch untill I'm at about 3/4 force. Looks like switch is activated by the fluid pressure. Is this normal or is it sticking or mabee just air in the system?

      Thanks
      DD
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 31, 2010
        Greets DD

        Apparently one of the possible "fixes" for this is to put some wood on the
        peddle, and to hit the wood with a hammer a couple of times to try to get
        some life back into it.

        However mine didnt respond to this, and so i replaced the pressure switch
        itself and all was well :)

        Yes, it's a pressure switch at the top of the pipe on the Right hand side.
        They get lazy over time....

        Paul

        '94 Trophy

        > Greetings to all,
        >
        > Just purchased a 96 1200. Lovely bike. Anybody ever addressed this before?
        > I notice mine dosen't switch untill I'm at about 3/4 force. Looks like
        > switch is activated by the fluid pressure. Is this normal or is it
        > sticking or mabee just air in the system?
        >
        > Thanks
        > DD

      • Kevin B
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2010
          DD / Paul,

          Yes this can work. It worked a treat with my Trophy last year but I only had to stamp on mine a few times. But I did have steel toecap workboots on and I did stamp VERY hard 3 or 4 times.

          Good luck,

          Kevin