1995 Trophy 1200 BRG--Only 8K miles. Any interest out there?

  • tomewingus
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 30, 2010
      Last week while scanning Craig's list I saw a 1995 Trophy 1200 with only 8,000 miles. I already have a 95 1200, and while it is getting a little "long of tooth" it only has 35,000 miles and with a new rear shock and mags, it really runs perfect. But the price was right, so I went to look at it. My thought was for spare parts or a replacement bike for my original bike……. But really, the price was right if it was really a low mileage example of a 95.

      Well the bottom line is the bike was perfect. The only modification was a storage compartment added to the fairing and new tires. It has some very minor scratching on the fairing from what looks like a tip over in the garage, but is basically like new. Really clean and runs perfect. Apparently the original owner sold the bike last year to the guy I bought it from when he moved out of state. The new owner put some new tires on it, but only rode it a few hundred miles.

      It really makes little sense to sell my old bike that has no issues for the prices these things are going at today, especially given I'm the original owner and know the bike "warts and all", so what I plan to do it list the "new" 1995 1200 on Ebay for $3500. If I can sell it for that, great, as I could recoup my cost and make a little $'s. If not, I'll do the swap and sell my current 1200 for $2500 or so and be even with a "rejuvenated" bike.

      So, not a sales pitch, but if anyone is interested in a 95 1200 BRG in like new condition with only 8K miles, contact me off line and I'll send pictures etc. My price is firm at $3500. Then I can avoid the Ebay effort and you could pick up a real "cherry" you might be looking for. I'd like to see the bike go into someone's hands that can appreciate it. I'm located in Central Florida.

      One way or another, I'll be riding 95 1200's to the rest home.

      Regards,
      Tom
      tewing114@...
      1995 BRG 1200--1976 Kawasaki 900--1981 Honda CBX--(now #2 1995 BRG 1200)
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 30, 2010
        Anybody know if this Speedmaster Corbin Seat will fit my '01 Trophy?
        http://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/1649711699.html
        Ed J.
      • Robert
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 30, 2010
          Tom:

          You might let the people on the list know where you and the bike are:

          Bob Clark
          01 Sunset Red Trophy 1200
          Jacksonville, FL / Augusta, GA

          tomewingus wrote:

          > Last week while scanning Craig's list I saw a 1995 Trophy 1200 with
          > only 8,000 miles. I already have a 95 1200, and while it is getting a
          > little "long of tooth" it only has 35,000 miles and with a new rear
          > shock and mags, it really runs perfect. But the price was right, so I
          > went to look at it. My thought was for spare parts or a replacement
          > bike for my original bike……. But really, the price was right if it was
          > really a low mileage example of a 95.
          >
          > Well the bottom line is the bike was perfect. The only modification
          > was a storage compartment added to the fairing and new tires. It has
          > some very minor scratching on the fairing from what looks like a tip
          > over in the garage, but is basically like new. Really clean and runs
          > perfect. Apparently the original owner sold the bike last year to the
          > guy I bought it from when he moved out of state. The new owner put
          > some new tires on it, but only rode it a few hundred miles.
          >

          > It really makes little sense to sell my old bike that has no issues
          > for the prices these things are going at today, especially given I'm
          > the original owner and know the bike "warts and all", so what I plan
          > to do it list the "new" 1995 1200 on Ebay for $3500. If I can sell it
          > for that, great, as I could recoup my cost and make a little $'s. If
          > not, I'll do the swap and sell my current 1200 for $2500 or so and be
          > even with a "rejuvenated" bike.
          >
          > So, not a sales pitch, but if anyone is interested in a 95 1200 BRG in
          > like new condition with only 8K miles, contact me off line and I'll
          > send pictures etc. My price is firm at $3500. Then I can avoid the
          > Ebay effort and you could pick up a real "cherry" you might be looking
          > for. I'd like to see the bike go into someone's hands that can
          > appreciate it. I'm located in Central Florida.
          >
          > One way or another, I'll be riding 95 1200's to the rest home.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Tom
          > tewing114@... <mailto:tewing114%40comcast.net>
          > 1995 BRG 1200--1976 Kawasaki 900--1981 Honda CBX--(now #2 1995 BRG 1200)

        • swl161
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 30, 2010
            Ed

            I have both bikes and they are completely different - won't fit.

            Steve Larson
            98 Trophy BBBB
            05 Speedmaster

            --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Johnson" <edljohnson2@...> wrote:

            > Anybody know if this Speedmaster Corbin Seat will fit my '01 Trophy?
            > http://orlando.craigslist.org/mcy/1649711699.html
            > Ed J.

          • ROBERT MANCINI
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 30, 2010
              I have a similar, but different question. There is a Corbin for sale off of a Sprint ST. I was thinking of buying it, and then undoing the foam and cover from the existing seat pan, and fitting them to my Trophy pan?

              Anyone try anything like this?
              Kind Regards,
              Robert,
              '00 Trophy 900

              I have both bikes and they are completely different - won't fit.

              Steve Larson
              98 Trophy BBBB
              05 Speedmaster

              --- In TriumphTrophy@ yahoogroups. com, "Ed Johnson" <edljohnson2@ ...> wrote:

              > Anybody know if this Speedmaster Corbin Seat will fit my '01 Trophy?
              > http://orlando. craigslist. org/mcy/16497116 99.html
              > Ed J.

            • Ian Ellison
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 30, 2010
                Never tried it but from experience even similar models can have way different shaped seats. I once was given a seat cowl off a T3 Speed Triple to put on my T3 Sprint and it was totally different. I'd at least measure the pans to see how similar they are before committing to such a scheme.

                IanE

                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 31, 2010
                  Hi Bob,
                  Oh Man Bob! I wish I could swing that bike. I'd love to have a '95
                  1200 to strip down for a "town hot-rod". That would give me the
                  value all back just for knowing I could make her all right if I bung
                  her (my current '95) up someday, or if I want to just be pretty
                  again. I pretty much have to put my BMW car up, and use that "TOY
                  MONEY( ARGHHHH!!) ", (sniff!!) for a cage>>>@#$%^&*( it!, for Momma
                  Jack. She doesn't think a one eyed sorta snub nosed old Nissan is the
                  car for her, and she won't drive my truck. She wants a new car. I
                  didn't wreck her car on purpose, but luckily I was insured with AAA
                  (triple A), and they are willing to give me about half of her cars'
                  worth. I thought we were supposed to "Be made whole again." This is
                  not going to be pleasant occasion for them either. They don't know me
                  yet! I'm going to let them make their offer, then I'm going to jump
                  down this poor guys throat, and rip out his heart. I need to go for a
                  ride before it rains. Happy Easter Brothers and Sisters, I wish you
                  all a sunny day filled with Joy and Loved Ones!

                • Robert
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 31, 2010
                    Jack:

                    making you whole may man different things to an insurance company. I'm
                    sure their perspective is different than yours.

                    Many times they will go on the used car dealer networks and see what a
                    dealer would pay wholesale for a car similar to yours. They will get 3
                    opinions and then try to get you to work with the lowest bid they got..
                    Did you have recent pictures of her car? Is it still drivable? Can
                    they fix it for you?

                    Bob

                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 31, 2010
                      Hi BOB,
                      No, they have said that they are going to total it. It's still
                      drivable, but the couple body shops I took it to, said it wasn't
                      worth fixing also. A lot of cutting and welding. I don't think it
                      looks all that bad, but I'm no body man. If my wife had a job where
                      her car didn't matter, I'd rig a headlite on the right front, but she
                      must make a good impression. She's a wholesale rep for an up-scale
                      firm. She is new on this job, and it'll take time to build her
                      customer base. Such is life. I guess the firm she left is going to
                      fold soon, so she is lucky to have made the move.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 1, 2010
                        Hi Bob,
                        Well, I got to talk to Bill Handel this morning (the radio lawyer
                        - "Handel on the law") he said to quote the numbers I found in Kelly
                        Blue Book, and if I'm not in agreement, I can sue the owner of the
                        little girl's truck for the high Book value. The judge will likely
                        split the low and high book so if my AAA goes for that argument I
                        probably won't do any better by going to court. It is peculiar that
                        the AAA guy said he can't find anything for what they offer either!
                        Life goes on.
                        Take care friend,
                        Poppa Jack