Re: [TriumphTrophy] Interesting statistics...or maybe not

  • andybufton@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2010
      Brian, as a new member I'll echo that. Keep up the good work Ken & co.

      My other bike is a '77 Laverda and the greatest compliment I can pay to this group is that it is as useful, informative and friendly as the forum at www.laverdapedia.com, and used by folk who live to actually use their bikes and not just polish them.

      Live long and prosper, but above all ride safe.

      Andy

      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2010
        Thanks Ken! I was beginning to think that I was the only one that noticed
        that or worst of all that it made sense! (;-)

        Ed J.

        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2010
          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Hastie" <ken@...> wrote:

          > Richard Taylor 1927 - and pretty much every one a gem.

          <blush!>

          Thanks for the honourable mention, even though I don't seem to write much these days, and to Henk for the heads-up.

          Richard T.
        • Ian Ellison
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 2, 2010
            This morning a miracle happened. It wasn't icy or snowy or lashing down with
            rain and I had a free slot of a couple of hours. I could finally get the
            Trophy tested and legally on the road!

            I phoned my MoT tester of choice (Scooter Red in Cheltenham) and Bill was
            happy to squeeze in a test at short notice. Bimbled down on the BBBB,
            enjoying the sunshine and only slightly nervous the fuel gauge was on red
            and that while the front brake works it feels a little soft.

            Got there fine, had a nice chat. While there a chap came in for a chat and
            said he had one same age, same colour. Had a good natter during which he
            said he'd cracked a brake disc trying to paddle his 1200 around, and in the
            meantime the bike sailed through the test.

            Bill had a couple of observations - the start of a little play in the rear
            suspension bushes, but not enough for an advisory, and there's a small oil
            leak around the alternator shaft. He had a good laugh when he put it on the
            brake tester and saw the weight on the back wheel (with him on board) was
            218kg!

            Got the certificate, came home (via the petrol station where I got 20 litres
            in so had a bit to play with), and went straight to the post office over
            the road for a tax disc.

            Praying the weather stays fine now so I can start to enjoy it!

            IanE
          • Ian Ellison
            Message 5 of 14 , Mar 2, 2010
              > Got there fine, had a nice chat. While there a chap came in for a chat and
              > said he had one same age, same colour. Had a good natter during which he
              > said he'd cracked a brake disc trying to paddle his 1200 around,
              > and in the
              > meantime the bike sailed through the test.

              Correction - he didn't crack a brake disc, he cracked a disc in his back!
              Dunno where my brain was when I wrote that!

              IanE
            • Tom
              Message 6 of 14 , Mar 12, 2010
                Steve Wassenich passed away a couple years ago due to cancer. He was a great guy and an active member with the Dayton RAT Pack.

                Tom (SW Ohio)

                --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Hastie" <ken@...> wrote:

                > Some notable numbers of postings:
                > Steve Wassenich 429 - Wonder what happened to Steve ?
              • Ken Hastie
                Message 7 of 14 , Mar 13, 2010
                  Many thanks for the update Tom, sad though it is.

                  As You know, my partner Deborah passed away two years ago due to cancer as
                  well, at the tender age of 49

                  The hole in the heart gets no smaller and I didn't ride a bike at all last
                  year

                  Hoping to get back into it again this year and moving to a 4 day week as
                  time has so much more value than money.

                  You guys enjoy yourselves while you can !!

                  Ken Hastie
                  Group Owner

                  Message 8 of 14 , Mar 13, 2010
                    Dear Ken,
                    My wife had to undergo Chemo-therapy for Lymphoma , She is one of
                    the lucky ones. My heart goes out to you Friend! Something inside me
                    has changed, even though she is cancer free today. It is like living,
                    waiting for the second shoe to drop at this point. Our time has
                    become much more valuable. You and your Deborah will be in my prayers.
                    Kindest regards always,
                    Poppa Jack Byers