Re: Trophy coolant reservoir

  • Keith
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 1, 2010
      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "jim.miles96" <jmiles8@...> wrote:

      > My 2003 did the same thing. I think you will be able to match the elbow at any auto parts store. I caught it before it broke completely off and was able to put some RTV sealant over the crack. My repair seems to be doing fine but let us know what you come up with because I'll probably have to replace it at some point.
      >
      > Jim
      > 2003 Trophy 1200
      > Collierville, TN

      I have just ordered the Triumph spare part at my local motorbike shop. In the meantime the plastic tube from a ball point pen looks as it will join the elbow and hose temporarily. I hope I have not lost too much coolant. Thanks everyone.
    • taylorrguk
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
        --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Keith" <keithwilkinson2003@...> wrote:

        I have just ordered the Triumph spare part at my local motorbike shop.

        Congratulations, you must be very wealthy! ;-)
        You could've picked up a perfectly serviceable used item at 1/4 the price from one of the breakers listed in the files section. I never buy any spares new from a Triumph stealership that I can get used. (Brake pads & tyres excepted - even then I don't buy Triumph's offerings.)

        Richard T.
      • Keith
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 8, 2010
          The Triumph spare part cost £2.99 and the replacement clip to hold it was another £ 0.49, total £3.48. I also lost about 0.5 litre of antifreeze (1.5 litre coolant at 50% cost £5.99 per litre pack in Halfords, distilled water at £1.75 per 2 litre) so about £3.44 and rode about an extra 90 miles to confirm no more coolant loss, about £12.50 in petrol. There was also the cost of oil, tyre, brake pad and general wear and tear of this extra mileage. I am glad I am wealthy enough to afford the high Triumph spare part prices.

          Keith