Rear Brake Usage

  • DKendr6793@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2000
      I was surprised to read about rear pads wearing down so quickly. There were
      lots of posts last year about rarely using the rear brakes. I find them next
      to useless. I think it was Bazz who suggested just using them for maintaining
      low-speed (parking lot maneuvers, etc.) stability. I don't even do that; I
      prefer to keep both feet prepared to touch down as needed. So, virtually all
      my braking is done with those wonderful Trophy fronts.

      Dave Kendrick
    • Beardg@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2000
        In a message dated 1/1/2000 9:56:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        DKendr6793@... writes:

        << I was surprised to read about rear pads wearing down so quickly. There
        were
        lots of posts last year about rarely using the rear brakes. I find them next
        to useless. I think it was Bazz who suggested just using them for
        maintaining
        low-speed (parking lot maneuvers, etc.) stability. I don't even do that; I
        prefer to keep both feet prepared to touch down as needed. So, virtually all
        my braking is done with those wonderful Trophy fronts.

        Dave Kendrick

        I too, at first, thought that the rear brakes were way too weak on the
        Trophy, but after putting on the EBC BLACK/kevlar compound and adjusting the
        lever up so that I had a better angle on it, I now feel they are very nice
        brakes. I even have accidently locked the rear wheel on occassion.
        Dave(Trophy4)