anyone tried this unit??

  • Dean Barger
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2010
      http://www.badlandsmotorcycleproducts.com/OLD-Site/ELECTRONICS.htm

      copied from road star forum
      Great...here's your simple solution. I found this when I went to LEDs in the rear and flash was too fast. I tried new flasher, still not right and lost the cancellation. I tried the Kuryakyn load equalizer...didn't solve my problem.
      I installed this Badlands II and the problem was solved. Later when I added LEDs in the front, this took care of them too without doing anything else.
      All you do is wire it into the rear wiring harness where it runs through the horn under the seat. One wire spliced to the green in the harness, one wire spliced to brown in the harness, and the ground to the negative battery terminal. This is less than a 15 minute job and everything will work great.
      http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BLLE02

      Improved design with all the features of the original Load Equalizer, plus retains emergency flasher capability.
      Returns amperage draw to the correct factory specification when aftermarket marker lights are used to replace stock turn signals.
      Self-canceling "Brain Box" must have the correct draw in order to function properly.
      For 91 and later Harley-Davidsons, which have a self-canceling system.
      On earlier models with the old-style turn signal flasher, simply change the flasher unit to our WP-275, or you could use the turn signal equalizer.
      Made in the U.S.A.
      TEST CONDITIONS: On a 92 FXR equipped with Whiskers front and rear "turn signals" and the motorcycle shut off, all four turn signals flashed for approximately 40 minutes (beginning with a fully charged battery). The Load Equalizer II did get warm, but did not get hot.
      Note: Not intended for use in parades or with the bike running for an extended time.