Bike show at the NEC??

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 23, 2009
      Just wondered if any of you UK guys are off to the Bike show at the NEC
      next week???

      Paul
    • Jacques, Martin, VF-Group
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 23, 2009
        Yep, going this Friday. Only trouble is I am having bad thoughts about
        swapping the Trophy for a GTR1400 or K1300GT. Shiny new bike syndrome is
        powerful .....

        Martin

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 23, 2009
          Hi Martin!
          Amen Brother! I get a Painful dose of "Need-a-townbikeitis" once
          in a while. I have a perfectly good and serviceable motorcycle, that
          isn't bad around town at all, but I want a small 500-cc town thumper.
          There is just no logic to it, but I just hurt for-one of the new
          little singles to use as my main ride. II can find a dozen bogus
          reasons that I'll go broke or die if I don't get one. I actually have
          a hot rod BMW car out on consignment (toy money stays toy money,
          right!) to fund my moto-greed. I think this fits into one or more of
          the "Seven deadly sins" somewhere. So, I can just chock it off to
          human nature, and avoid feeling bad. I'm even conflicted on the genre
          of bike that will fill this hollow space in my soul. So the Cycle
          World motorcycle trade show is in town in a couple of weeks.......
          On Nov 23, 2009, at 5:57 AM, Jacques, Martin, VF-Group wrote:

          > Yep, going this Friday. Only trouble is I am having bad thoughts about
          > swapping the Trophy for a GTR1400 or K1300GT. Shiny new bike
          > syndrome is
          > powerful .....
          >

          > Martin

        • Jacques, Martin, VF-Group
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 23, 2009
            Poppa Jack,

            I'm with you completely, but you cannot go using words like greed,
            logic, sins etc to describe this process. It is genetic, it cannot be
            bargained with. Some men (and I work with a very shallow sales team, so
            see this a lot) find solace in 19 year old blonde secretaries, others
            choose to have an oft-changing collection of engine powered toys.

            Our way is much better (in the long term at least) for staying married
            :-)

            Roll on the bike show, the credit card is quaking already ....

            Martin
          • Officer Rawson

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 23, 2009
                I test rode the 1200gt and nearly bought it then on the second ride changed my mind and stuck with the BBBB. I am a big and tall man and the GT was not as comfortable for me. That said for those of you under 6 foot 3 I am sure it would be fine

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 24, 2009
                  Yep - I'm going on the 30th...

                • onetworide
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 7, 2009
                    Perhaps you gents don't realize that there is actually a very simple mathematical formula for how many bikes one should own. It is:
                    N+1, where N = the number of bikes you currently own.
                    As mentioned, this is an irrevocable law of nature. Hopefully that will help you explain it to your better (but unsympathetic) half.