Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: An Iron butt Trophy story

  • apsllp@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 2, 2009
      It's the ONLY motorcycle oil I run.

      Bob Clark
      01 Sunset Red Trophy 1200
      Jacksonville, FL

      Sorry Ken can't snip on a Blackberry
      Robert

      -----Original Message-----
      From: brillooo@...

      Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 21:14:59
      To: <TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [TriumphTrophy] Re: An Iron butt Trophy story

      I'm glad to see someone else using AMSOIL 20-50

      In a message dated 9/2/2009 8:04:29 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
      motoworld2001@... writes:

      Jim,
      I am very sorry to hear about your loss, our Prayers are with you, and
      your family!
      The solitary rides that we often times embark on, seem to be the most
      rewarding!

      I am sure that there will be little concern with the Trophy, these
      machines are what we would call, over-built!
      Give it a good tune up, and change the oil with the Amsoil 20W-50
      motorcycle oil, and enjoy for many more miles and smiles!

    • Steve Kreckman
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 3, 2009
        Jim,

        Very sorry for your loss. Hope the hurt heals quickly

        It's amazing sometimes though how a long bike ride can be its own form of
        healing meditation

        Steve

      • pjuddfan
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 3, 2009
          Jim-

          My sympathies as well for the loss of your Dad. I can't imagine a better form of therapy than a long Trophy ride.

          Jim A
          '99 1200

        • jim.miles96
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 9, 2009
            Hi group, thanks very much to everyone for the thoughtful words about my dad's passing. I've been busy traveling and trying to get back to normal. You guys are spot-on in regards to an endurance ride being therapy for the mind. It may not be the smartest way to think things through but it works and it beats sitting on the couch.

            Speaking of couches, I had to fly down to the coast and pick up a motor home that my dad kept in a campground. In driving that thing 400 miles home I truly missed my bike. The motor house is like sitting at home on the couch and watching everything on a big screen. I'm just not old enough for that yet! Rolling the windows down doesn't help either because there's always the option of raising them if the conditions aren't perfect. Too many options seem to hamper the freedom of the open road.

            As of last night my bike is up on the platform and I'm just getting started on the big preventive maintenance chore that's due. This time I'm going to focus a little extra on the chain and sprockets. Not that I'm having any problems with them. I'm just planning on pulling the forward sprocket cover to clean it up and have a good look. The cover has never been off and the bike is at 20k on the original chain and sprocket set. This is a new job for me so any advice is appreciated, especially in regards to keeping this one as quick and simple as possible.

            Jim
            2003 Trophy 1200
            Collierville, TN