Looking for a back luggage rack for an 03 Trophy

  • Joseph Ball
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2009
      I am looking for a back luggage rack so that I might mount a trunk on to my 03 Trophy. I called the local triumph shop and stated that it was on back order or being discontinued. Any body got any suggestions or can someone take a few pictures of one so that I might be able to make one.

      Thanks
      Joseph
      Moparcrazy01@...
    • Christopher M Jacobs
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1 2:15 AM
        Hi,

        I have a rack and 3 hard bags. It was fitted to a 95 900. Not sure if it will fit your bike or not. I would be interested in selling these items. Do some research and let me know if you are interested. Have keys and the rack has signal lights attached.

        Chris

        To: TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1 3:16 AM
          Hi Joseph, They don't make them anymore. Keep looking on Ebay. One usually comes up about once in two months. I've seen the prices go from $50 to $110. The racks are all the same for 1996-2003. The racks for 1995 and older were made by Givi and it won't work on 1996-2003. Racks for the Sprint are also different. Good luck hunting.
          Greg Andrews

        • apsllp@bellsouth.net
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1 3:33 AM
            The orriginal was cast and replaced the hand grips at the rear of the seat. You might fabribate something to mount there. If I were to do it again, I'd make a mount for a GIVI.

            Bob Clark
            01 Sunset Red BBBB
            Jacksonville FL
            Robert

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1 5:44 AM
              Correction: I don't know for sure if an older Givi system will fit the 1996-2003. I do know that when I fitted the newer Trophy lugguage rack on to my '95 900 I had to do a modification and get a newer tail light bracket. Also the tail fairing piece could not be put back on without cutting out a section. Now I can use my top box on both of my Trophys.
              I feel more secure while riding knowing that I've got my tools and tire repair kit. I rarely need them because the Trophys are so dependable. The one time you don't have it, that will be the time you need it.
              Greg Andrews