Re: Riding Season cut short this year

  • Greg Andrews
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2009
      Hi Richard, Don't let it just sit there. Ride it when you feel the urge and let your buddies ride it too. It is an old bike that won't bring much money if sold. So if a buddy drops it, no big deal. It's only scratches and can be repaired. Letting these bikes sit for months at a time does more harm to them. Letting a buddy put miles on it is a good thing. Whenever someone talks about how their bike is selling for higher than a normal price is because of the low mileage. I think just the opposite. Low mileage bikes have lots of problems because they just sit there and get neglected. The o-rings go bad and so does every other rubber seal on it. I'd rather has a 100,000 mile '95 900 than a '95 900 with 5,000 miles. These engine will last and last with good care. My '95 900 with 223,000 miles was running great before the sprag clutch took a dump. Lucky I had another engine to put into my '95 Nightshade.
      But if someone has a ruined engine and the sprag clutch is still good I'd be interested in buying it. I'd like to see my engine hit a quarter million miles.
      Greg Andrews
      '95 900 Nightshade

      "Richard"wrote:
      Would like to ask if I should lift the bike off the tires to stop them from perhaps flattening out any, also any other tips for longer than usual winter storage period would help.
      Regards Richard