Well I cured the hiccups from last year.

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2009
      Took my daughter for a ride last week with 1/4 tank of fuel. I've continued to have a hiccup after rolling on the throttle after coming into a corner or just starting out, especially around 2K. Coming home I was so ugly as it just kept on bucking. We had a storm coming in so I'm guessing that humidity was my culprit.

      Ordered my set of ProFire coils from Nology and had them in a week. Pulled tank, installed coils, made up wire ends (they don't have any direct fits so you have to change boots on coil ends), and reinstalled tank.

      From there I pulled the tank again to install the plastic covers over the valve cover. DUhhh...

      Played hell trying to put the damned fuel lines and vacuum line back on while standing on my head.

      From there I pulled the battery and box, cleaned up the starter solenoid and wires, battery connections and wires, and greased everything. I also clipped and soldered the alarm wires together.

      Took the wife out for a ride, lugged it along in any gear that kept me around 2-3K range. Same gas, same level, just those corrections. Absolutely new bike, no bucking, no hiccups, just power. On the way home we sat around 95MPH with plenty of pull left, like riding a freight train.

      Happy camper, thanks to you all that kept saying coils.

      Also, don't be afraid to pull the petcock either. I did pull mine apart and had some light rust inside the vacuum pot. I knew last year when I pulled the carbs that there was some light rust in the tank but didn't think to pull the petcock and clean it out.