Could it be true???

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 28, 2009
      Clip taken from Motorcycle USA .com February 2008 "A more concrete rumor concerns the Trophy touring bike, which is apparently definitely undergoing development at the Hinckley factory as we speak. It will have a brand new three-cylinder motor, which will eventually replace the 1050 and have shaft drive to compete against other large-capacity tourers such as the Honda Pan European and the Yamaha FJR. This will be one of a 22 bike portfolio that the company is rumored to be looking at having in place by 2010." Guess we will have to wait and see.
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 28, 2009
        How exciting! I can't imagine I'd rather ride a new model than my old
        '95 BBBB, but it would sure be cool to see more of the Trophy.
        Poppa Jack
        On Apr 28, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Richard wrote:

        > Clip taken from Motorcycle USA .com February 2008 "A more concrete
        > rumor concerns the Trophy touring bike, which is apparently
        > definitely undergoing development at the Hinckley factory as we
        > speak. It will have a brand new three-cylinder motor, which will
        > eventually replace the 1050 and have shaft drive to compete against
        > other large-capacity tourers such as the Honda Pan European and the
        > Yamaha FJR. This will be one of a 22 bike portfolio that the
        > company is rumored to be looking at having in place by 2010." Guess
        > we will have to wait and see.

      • Andrew
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 28, 2009
          It would be exciting, but hard to believe until and unless the bike is
          in the dealers showroom to buy. Then we'll see what niggling issues
          there are to deal with.

          I hope they do it though.

          Andrew

          Jack Byers wrote:
          > How exciting! I can't imagine I'd rather ride a new model than my old
          > '95 BBBB, but it would sure be cool to see more of the Trophy.
          > Poppa Jack
          > On Apr 28, 2009, at 1:55 PM, Richard wrote:
          >

          >> Clip taken from Motorcycle USA .com February 2008 "A more concrete
          >> rumor concerns the Trophy touring bike, which is apparently
          >> definitely undergoing development at the Hinckley factory as we
          >> speak.
        • Short R
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 28, 2009
            Also read Triumph are under scrutiny by Bajaj Motorcycles India and Harley Davidson as possible buy outs by these companies. (GOD FORBID THAT EVER HAPPENS) Cant imagine running my bike on curry.

          • Clint
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 29, 2009
              Feb 2008, huh? Not going to get excited about "news" that hasn't come to fruition in more than a year.

              http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/285/1028/Motorcycle-Article/Euro-Gossip-February-2008-.aspx

              --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <chayside@...> wrote:

              > Clip taken from Motorcycle USA .com February 2008
            • tlctn2003
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 29, 2009
                --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <chayside@...> wrote:

                > Clip taken from Motorcycle USA .com February 2008 "A more concrete rumor concerns the Trophy touring bike, which is apparently definitely undergoing development at the Hinckley factory as we speak. It will have a brand new three-cylinder motor, which will eventually replace the 1050 and have shaft drive to compete against other large-capacity tourers such as the Honda Pan European and the Yamaha FJR. This will be one of a 22 bike portfolio that the company is rumored to be looking at having in place by 2010." Guess we will have to wait and see.

                It'll never happen. I waited 5 years for Triumph to replace my Trophy. I gave up, and last August I bought a new BMW RT. I still have my beloved '00 BBBB, but I rarely ride it. Triumph is stuck on cruisers, so I say let 'em have 'em.
              • jtabler24
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 30, 2009
                  --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "tlctn2003" <tlcoulter@...> wrote:

                  > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <chayside@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Clip taken from Motorcycle USA .com February 2008 "A more concrete rumor concerns the Trophy touring bike, which is apparently definitely undergoing development at the Hinckley factory as we speak. It will have a brand new three-cylinder motor, which will eventually replace the 1050 and have shaft drive to compete against other large-capacity tourers such as the Honda Pan European and the Yamaha FJR. This will be one of a 22 bike portfolio that the company is rumored to be looking at having in place by 2010." Guess we will have to wait and see.
                  > >
                  > It'll never happen. I waited 5 years for Triumph to replace my Trophy. I gave up, and last August I bought a new BMW RT. I still have my beloved '00 BBBB, but I rarely ride it. Triumph is stuck on cruisers, so I say let 'em have 'em.
                  >I wouldn't get too excited. This rumor has been around for 6 yrs. Congratulations on the BMW. The replacement tire for my Trophy wasn't ready yesterday morning. The dealership gave me a K1300GT to go play with while I waited for my tire to arrive. The bike had everything and was really quick. I rode it for over 2-1/2 hrs. I rode over every kind of road I could think of. 120 miles. Electric grips,seat,windshield etc. I was really glad to get my Trophy back. Joe
                • tlctn2003
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 30, 2009
                    --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "jtabler24" <jtabler24@...> wrote:

                    > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "tlctn2003" <tlcoulter@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" <chayside@> wrote:
                    > > >
                    > > > Clip taken from Motorcycle USA .com February 2008 "A more concrete rumor concerns the Trophy touring bike, which is apparently definitely undergoing development at the Hinckley factory as we speak. It will have a brand new three-cylinder motor, which will eventually replace the 1050 and have shaft drive to compete against other large-capacity tourers such as the Honda Pan European and the Yamaha FJR. This will be one of a 22 bike portfolio that the company is rumored to be looking at having in place by 2010." Guess we will have to wait and see.
                    > > >
                    > > It'll never happen. I waited 5 years for Triumph to replace my Trophy. I gave up, and last August I bought a new BMW RT. I still have my beloved '00 BBBB, but I rarely ride it. Triumph is stuck on cruisers, so I say let 'em have 'em.
                    > >I wouldn't get too excited. This rumor has been around for 6 yrs. Congratulations on the BMW. The replacement tire for my Trophy wasn't ready yesterday morning. The dealership gave me a K1300GT to go play with while I waited for my tire to arrive. The bike had everything and was really quick. I rode it for over 2-1/2 hrs. I rode over every kind of road I could think of. 120 miles. Electric grips,seat,windshield etc. I was really glad to get my Trophy back. Joe

                    The GT feels very similar to the Trophy, but the RT is better. Try one!
                  • Officer Rawson
                    Message 9 of 11 , May 1 10:23 AM
                      I too recall this post being active around 2003 but never came to fruition. Just before the release of the Sprint. I have to agree I only think they will develop cruisers and the Retro bikes.
                      Regards,

                      Officer R

                    • mccwriting
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 1 8:27 PM
                        I may fall prey to the same demise... I will keep the '99 but I suppose I will get an RT since a Trophy replacement is not on the horizon.

                        Message 11 of 11 , May 2 9:24 AM