Stardrive for Brake Calipurs

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
      Morning guys :D

      Just wondered if someone could tell me the size of the Star drive on the brake
      calipurs on a 94 trophy? Going to need to change the rear pads soon, and so
      i'm doing something novel and getting prepared early :)

      Thanks
      Paul
    • Matt Guest
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
        The stardrive or what`s normally know as a torque bit is a 55 for the caliper bolts.

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
          Hiya Matt,

          Thanks - i'm off into halfords later for something else, so i just thought i'd
          pick one up.

          So if i ask for a #55 torque bit they'll know what i'm on about?? (well, if i
          get a good assistant that is!)..

          Thx
          Paul

          > The stardrive or what`s normally know as a torque bit is a 55 for
          > the caliper bolts.

          ------- End of Original Message -------
        • Ken Hastie
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
            --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Paul" <paul@...> wrote:

            > Just wondered if someone could tell me the size of the Star drive on the brake
            > calipurs on a 94 trophy?

            I would suggest you buy a full set of torx drive tools; they are useful all over the bike. You can buy allen key type which are cheap or socket set type which are slightly dearer but certainly not bank-breaking.

            Ken Hastie
            Group Owner
          • Martin
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2009
              They will, though I have always known them as torx rather than torque. As others have said, it is worth getting a set as there are countless torx fittins all over the bike, cars, washing machines etc.

              Martin.