2002 Trophy 1200 Carbs

  • Ed Walden
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
      Can you guys tell me if we have the Mikuni 36mm carbs in our bikes for
      this year. I do not live in Cali and the bike is not from Cali. I want
      to install a carb jet kit but I know that the carbs changed at some
      time. Thanks
      Ed
    • Greg Andrews
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
        Hi Ed, Haven't heard from you in quite some time. Easy question, the
        1200 used the Mikuni's through all the years. The jets in the 1200's
        are smaller than the jets in the 900's. The 900's started using
        Keihin's around 1998.
        Greg Andrews

        "Ed Walden" wrote:
        Can you guys tell me if we have the Mikuni 36mm carbs in our bikes for
        this year. I want to install a carb jet kit but I know that the carbs
        changed at some time.
        Thanks
        Ed
      • Tom
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 28, 2009
          Yes Ed,
          Where the heck have you been???
          Look in the Files section for the Carb info I posted...

          Tom D.

          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Walden" <waleao@...> wrote:

          > Can you guys tell me if we have the Mikuni 36mm carbs in our bikes
          for
          > this year. I do not live in Cali and the bike is not from Cali. I
          want
          > to install a carb jet kit but I know that the carbs changed at some
          > time. Thanks
          > Ed

        • Ed Walden
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2009
            Hello Greg. Yeah, what with work and lack of time to ride or contribute
            to the group I have not been much fun of late. It took us almost 4
            months to close on our house and we are in the process of remodeling so
            it still may be a while before I get a chance to ride. I see a few
            trinkets out there that I always wanted to add and I figure now is as
            good a time as any. I just bought a new HJC Symax II helmet yesterday
            and cover for one of my hard bags that got scratched when a car knocked
            me over in Houston. I will get all of the small bits fixed while I am
            still traveling so that when I do have a chance to ride it will be
            ready. 3 months living on the beach damn near destroyed the bike even
            though I had it covered with 2 covers. I will be taking the pipes off,
            blasting them and repainting them with ceramic paint next week. The
            exhaust will have to be polished and the black bits painted also. I
            think I will be very busy for awhile. Anyways, thanks for the info. Ed