Re: [TriumphTrophy] Next door "kid" knocked over my 97 Trophy BRG :(

  • Sebi
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 1, 2009
      This is my solution for avoiding something like that.

      http://www.pro-bike.ro/forums/index.php?showtopic=53230&st=0#entry271390

      I must explain a little since the text is in Romanian ...
      1. It took my 12 hours of work to do both Crash-Bars and less than 100 euros...
      2. I needed a welding machine, an angular grinder, a vice and the appropriate protection equipment. Also the tools for removing the side panels and other minor stuff.
      3. I used the crash pads from the handle bar slightly modified at the end of the bars.
      4. Unfortunately I've tested them and they did their job ... especially protecting the front signals(I've just dropped the bike at 3 km/h. When I crashed again at 60 km/h the Crash Bar bended and the signal was smashed, but the left panel was only scratched, which is good considering that the bike is heavy.
      5. I've also Home made some bars for Yamaha Diversion, Suzuki DR and Yamaha Virago and considering that none of them cost me more than 100 euros I think is definitively worth the effort since a crash at low speeds can cost quite much.And especially on the Trophy where the investment is a little more than the cost of one signal.
      6. I know I have to work a little more on the finishes (especially on the paint), but I thing I am on the "good road".

      Take care and have fun.

      SEBI

      Suzuki DR 650 RS '90
      Triumph Trophy 900 '97

      Message 2 of 24 , Feb 8, 2009
        I've got a pair of 130db Motrax Hootaz(!) to go on my Trophy and seem to
        remember someone posted some photos of the fitting location and wiring. Been
        through the files and photos briefly but can't find it. Anyone care to point
        me in the right direction or post photos of a similar installation?

        Regards

        Alec