Re: Entering a 1000mile rally... thinking about upgrades ...

  • Mike Coustier
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 31, 2009
      Courtney,

      Fantastic links. Thank you very much!

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "cpallenjr" <cpallenjr@...> wrote:

      > OK, so I guess I'll comment on your questions about upgrades.......
    • jim.miles96
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 1 8:42 AM
        Thanks for the explanation; I was a bit hesitant to inquire about
        riding a Texas triple-x farm road but now it's starting to sound like
        an adventure.

        Jim
        2003 Trophy 1200
        Collierville, TN
      • brillooo@aol.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 1 8:59 AM
          There's a motorcycle campground in the area called Koyote Ranch with various
          types of camping from cabins with A/C and TV to tents. The rivers are
          crystal clear and in spring sometimes run over the low spots in the road. Drop by
          Luchenbach, if you can find it; post office and honky tonk is all there is.
          Fredricksburg is worth the stop as well as New Braunfels. There's a
          motorcycle museum a bit south of Dripping Springs. Don't ride after dark down
          there; unbelievable number of deer and they feed around dusk to dawn. You'll see
          most of the pick-up trucks and SUVs with large welded front bumpers and deer
          whistles on them. The whistles are to warn the deer not attract them.

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 3 4:28 PM
            I was there about summer 07 on a weekday it was quiet but on the weekend I
            imagine it's jumping along with all the other hill country small towns.
            all they have are small towns

            In a message dated 2/3/2009 2:59:56 P.M. Central Standard Time,
            greg@... writes:

            Luchenbach is great. I went into there decades ago just before willy and
            waylen. I t was a nice, quiet little place. Now, on weekends, it is wall to
            wall bikes etc. Still a lot of fun.

            Greg Boss