Re: Cold Starting?

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 9, 2009
      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Andrews" <gandrews@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Kent & Jack in Placerville, CA.
      , Yes its normal but there is a way to get around the hard
      > starting. If the bike has sat for some time the fuel level in the
      float
      > bowls are probably low. Hope this helps.
      > Greg Andrews
      > '96 900 BRG
      > 71,000 smiles

      Greg took the words right out of my mouth!!!
      Tom D...
    • J Mick Ormerod
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 10, 2009
        wrote:
        > Here's what to do. Before trying to start the engine, press the fuel
        > knob in and turn it to prime, continue pressing the knob in for 10
        > seconds. This will allow the fuel to freely flow past the fuel petcock
        > and fill the float bowls. Now try the start button. After the engine
        > has started turn to fuel knob to run. Hope this helps.
        > Greg Andrews
        > '96 900 BRG
        > 71,000 smiles

        Or fit a Pingel tap! LOL!

        Mick,Scotland,UK.
      • C BENNETT
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 11, 2009
          Whereabouts in Kent are you
          Colin

          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 11, 2009
            normal , wait till it's laid up for a couple of months ...............you won't think it will ever start , I have found a little trick is to clamp your hand over o exhaust while cranking and it seems to help tremendously .
            Use a mates hand if you can't reach and run the starter button too .

          • Jack Martin
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 12, 2009
              You know what? That makes just enough theoretical sense that I will try it. Tomorrow morning, in fact, when I ride to work and it is forecasted to be 37 degrees. Thanks.
              Jack
              Placerville, CA