Re: What is the best place to find used spare parts?

  • POTIERj
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 3, 2009
      Happy new year Trophy owners,

      After a few weeks looking on ebay and other websites for cheap spare
      parts, I changed my plan.
      I finaly brought a second bike, a 20 000 miles used Trophy 1200 to get
      the few spare parts I needed. The bike falled on the left side so the
      fairing is crushed but other parts are in good condition.
      If like me you need spares it's an economic solution to buy a crashed
      bike.
      Hope this helps.
      Julien

      --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Phil" <phil@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Sprint Manufacturing has a good selection of used spare parts.
      >
      > http://www.triumphparts.gbr.cc/70040/info.php?p=1
      >
      > mail@...
      >
      > 01985 850821
      >
      > UK
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Phil.

    • Greg Andrews
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2009
        Hi Julien, I also bought a wrecked bike from EBay 2 years ago. The
        front end was ruined. Forks, wheel, radiator, oil cooler, headers and
        of course most of the plastic panels. It looked like I'd get the whole
        bike for $200 but during the last 3 minutes the price took off. I got
        it for $500. It was close to my brother so that helped. The broken
        engine mount on the head was rewelded. So I have a spare engine that is
        ready to go. I've used some parts from it. I have two running 900
        Trophys and having spare parts is okay so I changed my insurance to
        liability only. That saves about $200 per year. If I had the chance to
        do it all again. I don't know. These bikes are so dependable that
        needing a bunch of spare parts lying about is not that necessary.
        I was impressed on how fast Sprint manufacturing sent a petcock build
        kit. I look on EBay but I try not to bid against a name I recognize
        from this list.
        Greg

        "POTIERj" wrote:
        I finaly brought a second bike, a 20 000 miles used Trophy 1200 to get
        the few spare parts I needed. If like me you need spares it's an
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 8, 2009
          --- In TriumphTrophy@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Andrews" <gandrews@...>