TV News

  • Ken Hastie
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008
      Interesting feature on BBC TV news this morning about the launch (re-launch)
      of Norton, now based at Donington

      I'm sure it will be repeated.

      Ken the Geordie SST 13
      BSA A75R, A10, B40, D10, Triumph Trophy 1200
    • Wm Snyder
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008
        Relaunches of Norton seem to parallel relaunches of Indian over here. The product looks good (Exeception being Floyd Clymer's Taiwanese Indians from the '70's), but never enough capital to keep the thing going until a viable dealership network develops.  Nevertheless I wish them well, and thank God that Triumph had John Bloor.
        Bill

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008
          In a message dated 29/10/2008 11:01:57 GMT Standard Time, snydhack@...
          writes:

          Relaunches of Norton seem to parallel relaunches of Indian over here. The
          product looks good (Exeception being Floyd Clymer's Taiwanese Indians from the
          '70's), but never enough capital to keep the thing going until a viable
          dealership network develops. Nevertheless I wish them well, and thank God that
          Triumph had John Bloor.
          Bill

          I can for the hell of me work out who owns Norton now
          Supposedly a German Company, but then I here a UK Company just built one?
          The Nemesis was advertised all over the place but never saw one
          Who owns the new project?

          Happy Pagan New Year
          John Bonnewell

        • Bud Izen
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008
            I've lost count of the Norton relaunches. Last I heard, before Ken's post, was that a guy in Grants Pass Oregon (about three hours south of me) was trying to bring back Norton, having bought the name, and going so far as to build one or more prototypes. I also heard that he recently ran out of financial backing. I wonder how it happens that Norton goes from GB to GP and back. There is certainly some story there. I also wonder if any of the American Norton designs made their way back across the pond. Call me a purist, but an American made Norton just doesn't seem right. Kind of like Kawasaki making Triumphs.

            Bud Izen
            Turner Oregon
            '99 Platinum 900

          • russ nurse
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008
              there was an article in motor cycle news last week, they will be based
              at donnington park race track and they have a race bike already which
              is under testing and hope to have a road bike for sale next year. going
              for the 'up market' hesketh type owners, or the guys who had or wanted
              one 40 years ago and can now afford big bucks for their toys. the new
              owner, Stuart Garner, seems clued up and very keen to get going.

              The road bike will be based on the original Commando but up dated by
              Kenny Dreer of Oregon with modernised engines and running gear, looks
              good in the photos.

              russ nurse 2002 bbbb azure blue
              Para, RE, RMP, MPS, RAFP,
            • BWG3COY@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 29, 2008
                Hello Russ
                How are things. Still in Eng ll?

                Happy Pagan New Year
                John Bonnewell

              • Tom & Lisa Pritchard
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 30, 2008
                  I'm sorry.  I try to pay attention, honestly.  What do the letters Para, RE, RMP, MPS, and RAFP stand for?  That you are referring to a resurrection of Norton is deducible.

                  Tom

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 30, 2008
                    Okay, now that I've displayed my ignorance I'll venture some guesses:  Paratrooper, Royal Enfield, Royal Mounted Police, Mounted Police ???, Royal Air Force Police?  Am I even close?